DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

I doubt either man is suspended but I do think the Rockets take game 4 if Curry is still out.  Harden was getting everything he wanted and the only thing holding them back was because they went completely away from Dwight and settled for contested threes the entire second half.   Clark and Livingston were great coming off the bench for GS.  Green was terrible. Maybe it's time to stop talking and get back to work for him.

I don't know if they stole it from somewhere else or thought of it themselves, but the current meme on FTS (the Cavs blog) is putting a picture of Green next to a picture of Donkey from Shrek and typing "Braymond" and I laugh every time. I can't help it. It's so stupid but so perfect. 

• Like 1

Speaking of suspensions, there are some loud whispers of a potential Isaiah Thomas suspension next game.

I'm actually pretty intrigue by this next Rockets/Warriors game now.  Curry is playing, of course.

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Well the Hawks have been gifted everything else in the series so why not remove the guy who just scored 42 points as well. 

Brother punched a dude in the face. That's pretty cut and dry. 

Also, did anyone else catch Andre Drummond's Misawa elbow on Lebron last night? There has been a lot of rassling moves in the playoffs thus far. 

Well, Isaiah isn't getting suspended.

I think this is a good thing because I don't have to hear any of my Boston sports friends do their persecuted gimmick over it.  Shout out to Goodell and Ray Allen.

"

I usually have a good deal of respect for OKC and their team culture, but they have been dirty af in this series.  KD especially.  Really shocked to see him play like that, when he doesn't need to.  On top of that, OKC keeps playing their starters in garbage time with double digit leads.

I love how hard the Mavs are fighting, but man we are just hopelessly outgunned.

This year's playoffs are just a boring waste of time and the only series worth caring about is the inevitable GS-SA matchup. Seriously this is the worst playoffs in quite awhile so far.

I think you are seeing the real Thunder in this series.  Durant is not quite the nice guy everybody thinks he is, and that flagrant out of nowhere is an example.  That was a flat-out cheap shot.

Seriously this is the worst playoffs in quite awhile so far.

Just out of curiosity, which 1st round in the past rocked your world?  Because they usually suck every year aside from the at-most 2 series that have any intrigue.  And the one that does this year involves two teams who I can't name more than three players on either side for.

I am actually pretty intrigued with how the next round will shape up. Cleveland - Miami should be interesting. OKC vs. SA is a pick em considering OKC has owned San Antonio with their 3 guys healthy. The Warriors should handle the Clippers easily but Currys gimpy ankle may be worse than the Warriors are letting on. I think this shit burger of a first round is the cost of getting a really interesting 2nd round.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

I think you are seeing the real Thunder in this series.  Durant is not quite the nice guy everybody thinks he is, and that flagrant out of nowhere is an example.  That was a flat-out cheap shot.

Just out of curiosity, which 1st round in the past rocked your world?  Because they usually suck every year aside from the at-most 2 series that have any intrigue.  And the one that does this year involves two teams who I can't name more than three players on either side for.

The Nets-Toronto series from a few years back was nice. Heck even the Nets-Hawks from last year was competitive. This year it's nothing but Road Warriors vs Jobbers type squashes.

That was the best first round in quite some time and spoiled us. 

NBA and the NHL playoffs are completely opposite in how they trend over the rounds. NBA gets better as the cream rises to the top, whereas the NHL playoffs have a bunch of beat up and exhausted players playing on shitty ice. I'm enjoying the hockey while I can before the good basketball kicks in.

There were more twenty point or more blowouts in the first three days of this postseason than the first two rounds combined last year. This year has been notably worse than normal.

1 hour ago, goodhelmet said:

I am actually pretty intrigued with how the next round will shape up. Cleveland - Miami should be interesting. OKC vs. SA is a pick em considering OKC has owned San Antonio with their 3 guys healthy. The Warriors should handle the Clippers easily but Currys gimpy ankle may be worse than the Warriors are letting on. I think this shit burger of a first round is the cost of getting a really interesting 2nd round.  

Just a quick note: The Cavs in the next round will play Atlanta or Boston. That series might be a little less interesting than the Cavs/Miami.

Then again, the Warriors are playing Houston ho just allowed the Warriors to double them up in the 3rd quarter and take a 19 point lead. So much for the Rockets getting more than a game out of this series.