DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

22 minutes ago, Jrag said:

Good to see Deng snap on em yesterday.  

The Bulls traded him away to avoid the cap, snag a protected 1st rounder and clear room for Melo.  Now here we are 2 years later... the money went to Pau (who is leaving) instead of Melo, the 1st round pick is now a late 2nd rounder and the Bulls are back over the tax line while also missing the playoffs.

Good thing Gar let us know his job is safe for.... eternity I would presume? Ugh.  Maybe if the White Sox keep winning Jerry will have time to glance at the Bulls situation.

You left out how much of a mess coaching is and how GarPax will inevitably undermine this current regime. It's just always a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.

I don't comment on the Bulls much and since cutting the cord, I read about them far more than I watch. I'm not even sure I want to do that anymore. This season has been such a "fuck you" to fans, logic, and the team. I really don't think this team will win a championship until Reinsdorf, Paxson, and Forman have nothing to do with the Bulls.

Oh they are well on their way to undermining everyone around them.  Gar's end of season press conference, which ran BEFORE the last game in hopes of burying it under Kobe's big moment, included quite a few quotes about being accountable while claiming no responsibility himself.  Highlights included referring to Hoiberg condescendingly as a "smart guy" when asked to evaluate his performance and comparing Jimmy Butler's demeanor to Michael Jordan in hopes of shifting blame that direction.

What a shit show.

Stugotz, AKA the spots whisperer, laid out a plan for the Rockets to beat the Warriors today.  It involved Ariza and Bev sliding under Steph on jump shots, keeping the whole plan a secret from Dwight and JASON TERRY SPITTING GREEN MIST!

That last idea must have come from Mike Ryan.

• Like 1

As a great man once said, if you're gonna win, make it a win.  You knew KD was gonna hit something eventually.  Wes and Simba guarded him excellently.  You would have never heard from me again if that Adams shot counted.

Me right now:

tumblr_o5546py2uB1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Great win for Dallas, I thought this was a no-brainer sweep, and I think OKC thought the same thing. 

Durant and Westbrook made a combined 15-55.  That's fucking HIDEOUS.  And even then they still were a fingertip from winning. 

But Thunder are right back to their playoff style: Two guys do everything, the other three watch.

What's the over/under on the amount of times more than three members of the Rockets willingly hung out together in a social setting this season? 4? 5?

I could see something like Trevor Ariza, K.J. McDaniel and Dwight Howard randomly showing up to the same Cheesecake Factory in Minnesota or Orlando during a road outing. But that's it. And that's not willing.

I also love how the team at the vanguard of the basketball stats revolution forgot about the "get players who give a shit" part about building a basketball roster.

Not to say Hinkie isn't an impressive GM. He really is and they got to the WCF under his watch, which is hard. But Harden and Dwight are the most maddeningly great players in basketball. Chuck et al. pointed it out last night. Harden can average 28 a game with a bunch of assists, but can you imagine playing with that guy? You essentially spend half the game watching him pound the ball and try and get fouls and the other half covering for his lazy ass on defense.

• Like 1