DVDVR Message Board

Labor Day Raw (2 September Raw for everyone else)

Dolfan in NYC

HHH likes to do a lot of things, many of them piss all of us off, but one of those things he likes to do is lose at Wrestlemania to make someone (Cena, Batista, that Boreton guy, the original Vanilla Midget)

The only caveat to this is I must've missed the 'Mania where he made Orton; triple clusterfuck threat matches don't really count or ever make anybody. Plus the one-on-one WM XXV main event between the two was pretty damn close to an extended squash. Of course, Orton didn't need to win that feud but the way he got his ass handed to him at WM was just as bad as having to eat Shane O'Mac's thin air punches in the lead-up to the feud. It was as shitty a headliner WM feud and main event as that worthless garbage between HHH and Jericho.

But yeah it's hard to call him a self-serving prick when he's 3-6 at the last nine Manias; even if just getting the other slot against 'Taker in back-to-back years is a massive win.

A bunch of other times The Big Show has cried...

Easily the best one. Great angle.

Plus the Orton match was eaten up by Michaels/Taker and was a total shit show.

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXV was a classic. The other main thing I take from the show is Ricky Steamboat's superb performance in the Legends vs. Chris Jericho handicap match.

My biggest problem with the HHH vs. Orton WM25 match was always that they sold it as if it was gonna be a violence orgy and instead they had a wrestling match.

This and the only Triple H vs. Randy Orton match I ever liked was their Last Man Standing match at No Mercy 2007, apart from that they don't have good chemistry at all.

As already proven, Triple H in 2000 is pretty untouchable.

I agree with this. In fact, I would say that HHH's run from the post-Summerslam '99 Raw where he first won the title (fucking Austin, I went all that way to Minneapolis to see HHH win the title, only to see Foley become a transition champion) all the way until he tore his quad is pretty unfuckwithable with only a couple speed bumps along the way, like the feud against the Brothers of Destruction. 

As already proven, Triple H in 2000 is pretty untouchable.

I agree with this. In fact, I would say that HHH's run from the post-Summerslam '99 Raw where he first won the title (fucking Austin, I went all that way to Minneapolis to see HHH win the title, only to see Foley become a transition champion) all the way until he tore his quad is pretty unfuckwithable with only a couple speed bumps along the way, like the feud against the Brothers of Destruction. 

Bah. Why should HHH ever have went over Austin clean? Because he needed it? So what? I mean he did get the clean win and still nobody thought he was at Austin's level. Because in fact he did go over Austin cleanly at their three stages of hell match; even though there was no real reason for it and he was the asshole who had Austin run over with a hummer in the angle. What story are they trying to tell where the jerkoff who schemed to have a dude run over with a hummer wins the blowoff match?

In terms of charisma or character the droning prick isn't a pimple on the ass of Rude or Perfect yet it's unthinkable for either of them to go over superheroes Hogan or Warrior cleanly even though that was the superhero era. Come to think of it I don't remember Austin ever going over Triple H at all after both had reached their peaks.

HHH's whole push seemed more or less arbitrary and there was certainly no reason he deserved to win a feud over Austin anymore than a guy like Rude deserved to get made by going over Warrior; for example. Austin made himself during a feud with Hitman where he lost all the pivotal matches. HHH had to get to put over by X,Y and Z to get made. See the difference?

I think Triple H & Orton are both pretty bad, honestly. If I were forced to pick one though, I guess I would go with Triple H. I think he has more matches that I like. Both did good things with Foley...where Foley just killed himself. Ha!

Triple H is the greatest wrestler of all-time. Fuck off.

Seriously though...  is every thread going to turn into this shitty debate? Even I am tired of having the discussion.

"HHH's awesome year in 2000"

"HHH buried RVD, Kane and Booker"

"HHH buried London and Kendrick"

When is enough... enough?

I think I am fairly objective on this, and I would rate Orton a hair better (now in fairness to HHH, Orton never had an awful quad injury midway through his career to sap a significant amount of athletic ability that HHH never fully recovered from). When Orton is focused and motivated, he holds his own against anyone and a surprising amount of really strong matches with a wide array of opponents (RVD, Foley, Benoit, Undertaker, Mysterio, Edge, Cena, Punk, Christian. Bryan).