DVDVR Message Board

FOOTY - Spring 2016

Dolfan in NYC

Sanchez should have scored from the Özil pass simply to make him equal to Henry´s legendary assist record. Liking the form of Germany´s playmaker, he seems agile, motivated and his passing is as good as ever. Might be a reason to be vaguely and cautiously optimistic over EURO 2016.

1 hour ago, ReiseReise said:

I guess security is most important. Messed up stuff. Any words on the found package? Really hope this is false alarm tbh.

Well the police carried out a controlled explosion so it was serious enough to warrant that.

Relieved it was a fake, but somehow this is even more headshake-inducing.

Would there be any reason for any of the teams to prefer not to play simultanously with the rest of the league? As in...is there ANY practical interest in forcing a delay? The chance of ManCity not getting one point at Swansea existed, but it was quite unlikely. And the Red Devils were far away on GD. Yeah, I´m taking shots in the dark, put I´m trying to make any sense out of a fake bomb at Old Trafford.

Greater Manchester Police described it as an "incredibly lifelike explosive device" but added that the "device wasn't viable."

Fake or not - it appears that everything happened as it should in a situation like that in terms of safety protocol and working with getting everyone evacuated

• Like 2

First three spots are direct qualification in Spain, Germany and England. City are the ones to get to CL qualifiers. The schadenfreude is a rival thing, since Arsenal and Tottenham have a vivid hatred for each other.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Fake or not - it appears that everything happened as it should in a situation like that in terms of safety protocol and working with getting everyone evacuated

Not denying that. Didn´t want to come across as questioning any of the decisions from the authorities, safety first, always.

19 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What's the difference between the Spurs finishing 2nd or 3rd?  Aren't they still in the group stage of the Champions League?

I believe your prize money for the season is based on the table. Admittedly, bragging rights might mean more than a few million pounds, esp for fans.

21 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

OH MY

it now appears the device found today at old trafford was a dummy bomb left over from a security exercise during the week. 

So, job done?

• Like 2

Sounds like somebody is about to get fired...kind of relieved if this was the reason, especially with the EUROs looming on the horizon, not going to lie. This is a thousand times better then some nutjob putting this device in the stadium if it´s true.

Any repercussions coming from this? Is this a kind of "ManU messed up, they loose by default" deals?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Is Liverpool favored to beat Sevilla in the Europa final? How do you see that playing out?

I'd consider it pretty close but Sevilla slight favourites because they are the defending back-to-back champions. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I'd consider it pretty close but Sevilla slight favourites because they are the defending back-to-back champions. 

I think this is a pretty realistic way of looking at it. Sevilla also seem to be exactly the kind of team Liverpool struggles to beat. Very organized, very good at neutralizing their opponents strong points. Liverpool´s power football can steamroll you, but having no Anfield effect will probably work in favour of Sevilla, who are just very solid and very good at controlling a game. Then again, a final can always go either way.

The same was said of Villarreal (not Valencia, dur) though, with the Yellow Submarines only allowing 35 goals in the league compared to Sevilla's 50. I think a frontline of Sturridge, Coutinho, Firmino and an in-form Lallana would give 99% of sides in the world trouble, Sevilla included. It's the back end that worries me. Sakho and Lovren had finally seemed to gel and was the first CB pairing since Agger/Skrtel that had any consistency, then Sakho's ban. Now it's Old Man Kolo and Lovren as the likely pairing. Yikes. Moreno is a wildcard every match, and he's playing against his old team. The central midfield pairing will be interesting too. Should be Can and Milner. They can be got at too.