DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS 2016 - ULTIMATE SURVIVAL

RIPPA

Holy shit... I want Kairi Hojo to make the final 4 just so we can keep posting vids of that elbow drop.

I havent checked the bracket. Any way we get a Sasha vs Bayley final?

From checking, Sasha/Bayley WOULD be the finals if it plays out.

I can see RIPPA booking this as the final and working backwards from there.

• Like 2

RIPPA reciting Bayley's ring music (complete with hand waves apparently) made the Regal Bracket Vidoe that much more awesome!

I'm going to have to watch some Trevor Lee since he is facing Hojo. Wish I had participated in the vetting process because I'd have tried to pimp Ozaki because she really has been killing it since winningthe JWP strap last summer.

James

• Like 1

Another Fujiwara match makes tape to remind us neither him, Masanobu Kurisu, Kintaro Kanemura nor HASEGAWA are in this year. And yet. Dolph Ziggler.

There will be something cathartic about watching Ziggler get skunked by a wrestler who was injured for like 8 months. 

Another Fujiwara match makes tape to remind us neither him, Masanobu Kurisu, Kintaro Kanemura nor HASEGAWA are in this year. And yet. Dolph Ziggler.

Ziggler getting in is a lot less absurd than Swagger making the cut.  I can't come up with an argument for Swaggie beyond "WWE guy".  And even then, there may be 95 WWE/NXT wrestlers I'd rank above him.  I really liked Swaggie when he first debuted in WWECW too.

I'm still trying to figure out what is he trying to show the world.

That's he really Michael Shane with a better/worse haircut?

Ziggler getting in is a lot less absurd than Swagger making the cut.  I can't come up with an argument for Swaggie beyond "WWE guy".  And even then, there may be 95 WWE/NXT wrestlers I'd rank above him.  I really liked Swaggie when he first debuted in WWECW too.

So..... you haven't watched any Swagger from this time period then....

• Like 2

Maybe next year have a 3600-man tournament and nearly everyone will be happy!

EDIT: shit...3600-man/woman/group/manager/valet/announcer/animal/logo tournament, I meant. My bad.

Eh, the fans of 3601 would still have a fit. . .

• Like 2

I would just like to formally apologize to Kairi Hojo for screwing up her name. Please please don't elbow drop me.

EDIT

Dear Rippa. 

Thank you for introducing me to the world of Meiko Satomura. I just watched her against Hojo and holy fuck. She needs to be required viewing for anyone, especially before you vote against her. And I thought Hojo was really good in that match too, but holy fuck Satomura is amazing.

I would just like to formally apologize to Kairi Hojo for screwing up her name. Please please don't elbow drop me.

EDIT

Dear Rippa. 

Thank you for introducing me to the world of Meiko Satomura. I just watched her against Hojo and holy fuck. She needs to be required viewing for anyone, especially before you vote against her. And I thought Hojo was really good in that match too, but holy fuck Satomura is amazing.

I'm surprised people already didn't know about the greatness of Meiko. Don't forget to check out the rematch with Kairi a month later and Meiko's match against Io Shirai from the end of last year.

EDIT

Dear Rippa. 

Is this where we tell you to  track down GAEA Girls and show you how Satomura trains prospects?

(Nevermind, found it)

Seriously though, Meiko has been amazing for the last 20 years at this point. If you just got hipped to her there plenty of Joshi heads on the board that can direct your new found appreciation of Meiko

James

• Like 1

My main block on Meiko is that when I really started hearing her name was when I was a giant Shimmer fan, who also didn't have access to high speed internet. So when the Joshi girls started coming in (most notable was probably Ayumi Kurihara) that was my main access to Joshi, and I had assumed she was the best Japan had going at the time. Boy was I wrong.

So..... you haven't watched any Swagger from this time period then....

Not really, no.  My WWE watching is..... economical might be a good word.  I generally watch the PPV's, pan through Raw, and watch Smackdown once in a while.  Don't even read C-show results.  I've watched a lot more Progress/joshi/lucha this year than WWE.

If someone wants to recommend some Swaggie matches, I'll check them out.  But, as a lower-card WWE guy who isn't likely to get a push, an angle or a feud anytime soon, he's the least important guy in the field.  If he was a non-pushed undercard guy in TNA, New Japan, Progress, etc., his name wouldn't have ever come up regardless of match quality.