DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS 2016 - ULTIMATE SURVIVAL

RIPPA

SO LETS TALK SNUBS!

Actually, no, let's not. Off the top of my head, you missed nobody big, which is a huge help of the 96 man field. God this bracket is difficult.

Nia Jax over Dolph.  Cause Dolph.

Yeah, if there is one guy that shouldn't be in in this entire tournament, it'd be Dolph, but I think Phil knew that as well. 

I'm trying to think of clear snubs though and it's difficult. I guess if you wanted a WWE thing there, I'd go with a 3rd NXT tag team there instead? Blake and Murphy, the Vaude's, Enzo and Cass.... but that's once more, minor.

Not to bag on Rippa but the Io Shirai intro cracked me up.  "Definitely - DEFINITELY! - probably"

What's so funny - is that they second I said it I thought to myself "I so just said Definitely Probably"

But I am one take jakeing these for a reasons

Just because I know I will be asked a few times as folks skim the thread

The First 8 Out (in order)

Fred Yehi
Rampage Brown
Drew Gulak
PTP
Bravado Brothers
Enzo/Cass
Nikki Bella
Charlotte

Fuuuuucks sake this bracket man.

Oi, the opening matches don't seem nearly as painful as last year.

I've got my brackets picked out already and I don't see myself really getting heartburn until the semis somewhere near Dave Mastiff v Mil Muertes.

A match, BTW that I would LOVE to see in real life.

I've got my brackets picked out already and I don't see myself really getting heartburn until the semis somewhere near Dave Mastiff v Mil Muertes

Aw, you think Mastiff is getting by Muertes, you sweet summer child.

But seriously, the problem keep in mind the 1st round this year wouldn't equate to the 1st round last year. The 2nd round would be. And the following matches could beset in the 2nd round

Negro Casas vs. Asuka/Kushida

Chris Hero vs. Trevor Lee

Speedball vs. AJ Styles

Mil Muertes vs. Briscoe Brothers

Tanahashi vs. Kamaitachi

Brock Lesnar vs. Roderick Strong/Heichcero

Timothy Thatcher vs. Becky Lynch

Okada vs. Dragon Lee

Rush vs. Ospreay

Owens vs. Fenix/Rave (that fucking first round matchup btw)

Sasha Banks vs. Maximo/Minoru Suzuki

Shibata vs. Cavernario

Virus vs. Sabre Jr.

Busick vs. Honma

I'd vote everyone I just listed over whoever win the little Zayn/Ziggler/Balor grouping for the record. 

OH!

Totally forgot to mention but I will say this a few times

MATCHES WILL ALL HAVE TWO DAY VOTING PERIODS!!! (or close to it)

So no excuse to not watch at least a couple of matches

• Like 1

I've got my brackets picked out already and I don't see myself really getting heartburn until the semis somewhere near Dave Mastiff v Mil Muertes

Aw, you think Mastiff is getting by Muertes, you sweet summer child.

Oh, I'm voting for Mil Muertes.  I'm just saying that I will hate voting against Dave Mastiff.

The awesomness of Luke Harper will not drag the Wyatts out of the opening round.  This also makes me sad.

I will try not to allow UpUpDownDown to affect my objectivity when New Day is up for voting.

Last year my mantra was Fuck Randy Orton.  This year it appears to be Fuck Dolph Ziggler.

I'm looking forward to not voting on a great deal of the matchups because I know nothing about 80 percent of the competitors and probably won't find the time to watch the YouTube videos. Besides, how can a year's worth of work be encapsulated in one or two YouTube videos anyway?

The undermotivated like me need something easy to vote on, like "goofiest goof in wrestling" or "worst indy name."

Just because I know I will be asked a few times as folks skim the thread

The First 8 Out (in order)

Fred Yehi
Rampage Brown
Drew Gulak
PTP
Bravado Brothers
Enzo/Cass
Nikki Bella
Charlotte

I absolutely loved the videos and am excited for this tournament.  But you chose Dolph over these folks?  I don't even care for Nikki but I could have at least justified her being in this.

That said I'm debating on the pick 'em link.  It's bad enough I'm going to have to choose between two of my favorites in any of these matchups.  Which means I'll likely do this anyway and rank near the bottom.

Four days until armageddon, this is going to be fun.

From the little I've seen of Hechicero, I would vote him over Strong.  But a lot of the voting is going for those people know about going in.  So I'd prepare yourself to be soured.

Or you can go all New Day and go "Don't you DARE be SOWAAAAA!!!!"  Maybe even clap while the matchup's going on.

Some of these potential later round matchups could break the board.  Bayley v. Pentagon Jr?  Sasha v. New Day?

Bayley vs Pentagon took me a LOOOOONG time to decide on my bracket, and even then, I'm not sure which way I'd vote if that comes to pass.

• Like 1

Yeah, the pick 'em wasn't too difficult in my mind because I'm choosing where the board will go with these match-ups. Ambrose vs. Omega is the biggest uncertainty. I'm leaning towards Dean because of WWE bias/anti-NJPW bias, but Dean had such an average year. When it comes to voting for a lot of these match-ups, that's when the pain begins.