DVDVR Message Board

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CLASSIC (NO SPOILERS)

ChesterCopperpot

I do think this is awesome (I waited posting it for fear someone might have thought it was a 1st round spoiler)

None of it could be CWC related but it is still great

Ali just had a match with AR Fox - that could be the one you are talking about

I see some folks saying good things about it but I am not sure how DREAMWAVE distributes their shows so who knows when I will see

On 8/6/2016 at 3:56 PM, Kyuubi said:

In hindsight, what the fuck was Chris Hero's deal? Cedric Alexander cut 25 pounds to get in this and he definitely was not a fat guy before. Another dude cut like 40. The WWE does not seem to care about "big" guys in so much that they care about you looking athletic and toned. Which is easier and less painful than lifting heavy weights or just doing body weight exercises. CM Punk, I sort of understand, but Hero? Come on, man. Even then, I know for a fact that they have athletic trainers outside of wrestling that will help you cut weight and your diet. The food is good. The exercises are manageable. You are getting paid in developmental to look athletic. Yeah, some people do not have the body type(Baron Corbin), but all they want you to do is to lose the dad bod.

On 8/7/2016 at 0:49 AM, El Dragon said:

I thought it was pretty well established that Hero's problem was a thyroid issue?

On 8/7/2016 at 1:04 AM, Wyld Samurai said:

You can treat thyroid issues. It also requires you to up your exercise routine considerably to almost double what the average person would have to do to get the same results. It's a lot more work, but if he wanted the glory that'd what it would have taken. 

On 8/7/2016 at 4:19 PM, HumanChessgame said:

Hero has mentioned on several occasions that his weight wasn't even the main issue in his dismissal.  He was down to just over 200 in the weeks before his release.

Here's the Hero AMA where he discusses the thyroid issue, etc.  His TSH level was over 9, which is insane. 

On 8/8/2016 at 6:16 AM, RIPPA said:

I do think this is awesome (I waited posting it for fear someone might have thought it was a 1st round spoiler)

None of it could be CWC related but it is still great

This is at the latest ECCW Ballroom Brawl and honestly, the crowd is no different than it was before.  (Although the Sihras are madly over in Vancouver due to the booming Indian population in lower British Columbia.  It was even crazier back in Surrey.)

I think Matt is right though and a lot of these guys can at least parlay it into bigger bookings.

The best thing for the Bollywood Boyz might have been Jarrett's fed never making it to TV

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

This is at the latest ECCW Ballroom Brawl and honestly, the crowd is no different than it was before.  (Although the Sihras are madly over in Vancouver due to the booming Indian population in lower British Columbia.  It was even crazier back in Surrey.)

How are these guys as a team?  Their CWC matches weren't the best but I got the impression they're better as a unit and aren't as used to wrestling singles.

12 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

How are these guys as a team?  Their CWC matches weren't the best but I got the impression they're better as a unit and aren't as used to wrestling singles.

They started their careers as singles in ECCW and feuded over the since-discontinued Pacific Northwest junior heavyweight championship (in fact, Harv was the last champion; after he beat Gurv for it, they formed their team and the title was abandoned).  I've worked with them several times - my top tag team, the Amerikan Gunz (Ethan HD and Mike Santiago, two more guys NXT should really, *really* look at) traded the ECCW tag team titles with them twice.  

They're fine singles, but yeah, far superior as a unit and I think the money is more with them as a team.  Especially check out their work in Ring Ka King.   If I had to pick one for singles, I'd say Harv, but they're both fine.

• Like 1

Hope they do a BOLA night three type deal when it comes to the semis and finals - throw all the rest of them into a huge tag for 20 minutes.

Off on a tangent here - how much English can Ibushi speak? Specifically around the layout of the match against Alexander. That cant be all instinctive, there has to be a change to the match layout, essentially according to crowd reactions. 

Has anyone pointed out that these guys are being allowed to do moves that are pretty much banned in the WWE? Are we seeing the beginnings of a relaxation on the rules or is this more of a tournament specific thing? 

I jumped at Cedric'so brain buster. That's a  move should be protected and used sparingly... but Metalik's michinoku driver variation is anot he really move I would figure to not be kosher in the WWE.

The brainbuster is allowed but used rarely. I didn't feel Metalik's finisher was head droppy enough enough to be banned either. Its probably best to assume the usual stuff is more or less still banned until we start seeing piledrivers that aren't the tombstone.

On 8/10/2016 at 11:06 AM, RIPPA said:

Tajiri should be the assistant GM of NXT. Primarily for more Regal/Tajiri sketches, but also so any time they want to book something that Regal might arguably not do in character, we can see it was that scamp Tajiri!

• Like 2

On 8/11/2016 at 3:55 AM, Red is Dead said:

Hope they do a BOLA night three type deal when it comes to the semis and finals - throw all the rest of them into a huge tag for 20 minutes.

I said the same thing back in March, yeah... they definitely need to pad the show out with something like that. Maybe a Ciberneticos. My only concern would be that you don't want to outshine whoever the finalists are, and that may be a situation where everyone sees it as their last big chance to shine on the Network so they go all out to impress at the expense of the finals.