DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-25-16 - The Rock Returns and Saves WWE for One Night

MGFanJay

I could go through the losses, but you get the point. Wrestling isn't about your win-loss record stats (and I don't think I brought that up specifically), it's about who, when, where and how. And this is why Kalisto is way above Ziggler in the pecking order just now.

"He wins matches against people who aren't jobbers" is bringing up win-loss records specifically. And you can dispute those records if you really want to (again - they're from cagematch, not pulled entirely out of thin air like most of the arguments that you and stro have been rolling out). The "point" I am gleaning from this most recent post is that "Wins matter when Kalisto gets them, wins don't matter when Dolph gets them." I am sorry that the facts don't support your position.

ETA: Also - checked shop.wwe.com - Kalisto doesn't have a shirt at all, unless you count the Lucha Dragons shirt, which is (surprise!) being sold at a deep discount. If he's that far above Dolph in the pecking order, shouldn't they give him, you know, like *one* shirt? Just one? Vs. Dolph's sixteen?

Dolph is right where he should be. He's a good bumper, sometimes insane. He's somewhat over. But he doesn't have much personality and whenever he's given 15 minutes the match is okay at best. I don't remember too many Ziggler classics outside of maybe a couple matches back in the day with Daniel Bryan. 

You can't be a skinny dude with no personality who isn't a great in-ring performer and go much further than I.C. title

I could go through the losses, but you get the point. Wrestling isn't about your win-loss record stats (and I don't think I brought that up specifically), it's about who, when, where and how. And this is why Kalisto is way above Ziggler in the pecking order just now.

"He wins matches against people who aren't jobbers" is bringing up win-loss records specifically.

It really isn't and if your understanding of words like 'specifically' are so off, there really isn't any point in continuing trying to communicate with you. Have a good night.

Using the last six months to judge where a guy they just started pushing a month ago is at level wise is very odd.

Two months ago, Ziggler and Kalisto were at a similar place, Dolph maybe a touch higher.

Right now (and lord knows it could stop Monday) they are pushing and elevating Kalisto, and today he's at least a level above Ziggler.

• Like 1

This thread is like having spiders hatch out of your dickhole. Just when you hope the excrutiating ordeal is over ... nope. More dickhead spiders.

Yeah but how are the dickhole spiders punches? Just saying, maybe worth a discussion....

Not as good as their missile dropkicks.

This thread is like having spiders hatch out of your dickhole. Just when you hope the excrutiating ordeal is over ... nope. More dickhead spiders.

Yeah but how are the dickhole spiders punches? Just saying, maybe worth a discussion....

Not as good as their missile dropkicks.

Missile dropkicks with eight legs have to hurt.

I've long thought that Ziggler could benefit from a year in Japan, in the Bullet Club for example, and that WWE can't engineer something like that makes me sad.

That's the thing: they absolutely could if they wanted to. Maybe the bridge with NJPW is gone, but they could send someone to AJPW or one of the other groups with a half-decent touring schedule and let these guys get some seasoning, freshen up etc.

He doesn't even need to go that far; I repeat, give him a stint in NXT.

The miracle that they managed to do with Kidd in NXT still amazes me. If Ziggler can't benefit from that, he truly is a lost cause.

Less talk about Dolph Ziggler's place and more talk about how WWE was apparently angry about a woman's backstage behavior so their solution was to have a huge star call her a whore on television. 

This is stupid.  As is the opinion that one person having sex with another person in the past makes that person a whore.  It was a planned segment that obviously Lana and Rusev bought off on. 

Less talk about Dolph Ziggler's place and more talk about how WWE was apparently angry about a woman's backstage behavior so their solution was to have a huge star call her a whore on television. 

This is stupid.  As is the opinion that one person having sex with another person in the past makes that person a whore.  It was a planned segment that obviously Lana and Rusev bought off on. 

Are you just being contrarian to win some Internet Points?  This wasn't Rock reminiscing about some lovely time they had together.  Pro tip: whenever a pro wrestling storyline involves a woman fucking a dude, she's made out to be a slut, and this was no different.

Your second point is utterly ridiculous, also.  "Do this segment or get further in the doghouse" isn't really a choice.

Edit: I just read about how this segment was punishment for Lana yelling at Rusev in an airport.  Wow, this fucking company.  Hopefully they'll straighten this out by have Steve Austin offer a Performance Center seminar on keeping your woman in line.

Again, calling Lana the character a whore on a scripted television show is not at all the same thing as calling CJ Perry a whore in real life. Allegedly punishing her by calling her character is weird, for sure, but if anyone watches that and thinks the real person behind the character is being called a whore (including those involved in the segment), then I have to assume they have similar thoughts when a character is called a whore on something like The Sopranos or Mad Men. Which is bizarre.

This is all based on Meltzer conjecture, which was 400 words to say "Something might have been said somewhere maybe, but I don't know, but people are talking about it, maybe, I can't say for sure though."

Rock was just talking about doing some exercises you guys are reading too much into it. Seriously though just release Lana, and get it over with. Bring up Alexa Bliss the next week, and no one will miss Lana.

• Like 1

Are you just being contrarian to win some Internet Points?  This wasn't Rock reminiscing about some lovely time they had together.  Pro tip: whenever a pro wrestling storyline involves a woman fucking a dude, she's made out to be a slut, and this was no different.

Your second point is utterly ridiculous, also.  "Do this segment or get further in the doghouse" isn't really a choice.

Edit: I just read about how this segment was punishment for Lana yelling at Rusev in an airport.  Wow, this fucking company.  Hopefully they'll straighten this out by have Steve Austin offer a Performance Center seminar on keeping your woman in line.

Yeah, none of this is an actual thing.  Not even remotely.  The fact that you posted how you "just read about how the segment was punishment for Lana yelling at Rusev in an airport" and you automatically believe that shit tells me all I need to know about you.  Where are we going next? Flat earth? We never went to the moon? You shouldn't just automatically believe a random person's bullshit speculation about something. 

Lana was exposed in the Ziggler angle as being... not having a lot of range?  She can do Drago's wife from Rocky IV and not much else.  Summer Rae out performed her on every level and Summer has even less of a presence on the show than Lana does right now.  What did Summer do to get punished guys?  Bliss is way more interesting as the leader of BAMF which is an enhancement role on the developmental show.

To me it was a bad (sub)segment, because Lana basically laughed off Rock's nonsense last time - this time she sold it and it compromises what's left of her character.

She does lack range, and doesn't really belong with the current Rusev - who has turned out to be a glorious goofy midcarder bless him.