DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-11-16

MGFanJay

This bowl game has been incredibly good. And you'd think WWE could do something on the fly to try keeping some eyes on their shit. With a 30 min lead in, I watched 20 min of Stephanie laughing at Reigns' impotence ("if I win...?" Roman, it's "when" ...). At the half, it was the diva match/non-match. I decided to check out the last 15 min plus whatever overrun, just in time to see Reigns vs. all some? Kevin Owens plus some run-ins.

LET'S GO CLEMSON, *clap clap clapclapclap*

Lol KO looked exactly as fat and short next to Brock as I expected. That match would be as believable as Brock vs Neville. It's a shame that ADR is so fucking boring, because Kalisto deserved a hot match on what should be a huge win for his career. But since it was an ADR match, it was boring as shit and the crowd could not possibly care any less.

Same shit that real chotchballs said about Brock vs. Punk, then that was the best match of the year.

• Like 5

You enjoyed Raw so much that you felt the need to post about KO looking fat and how much ADR sucks.

You have pulled this shit with me too and it's tiresome. What does it matter what stro thought of it and why does it prompt you to get so aggressive? Just knock it off. Damn. More than that, instead of talking about the show, you're just using this as am opportunity to take on yet another forum poster.

I'm in piranesi's camp though. That is what I want. I want Brock and KO taking stupid bumps and beating the shit out of each other.

And Kalisto vs. ADR was the most I've cared about either guy. Kalisto made himself a thing tonight. Good for him.

• Like 2

Ah, yes, KO vs Lesnar is an unbelievable match-up based off the seconds of interaction they had in the ring tonight. Right.

I have no opinion on the rest of the show. Although, I'll say this: I like Chris Jericho, but he needs to stay away from the New Day.

On paper, Punk vs Brock seemed pretty silly. Until you saw them next to each other and you realized Punk was actually a pretty tall dude. When you see KO and Brock together, you realized just how short KO is, which also reinforces his stocky frame. People who think a Brock/KO match would be a heavyweight bomb throwing war after seeing what they actually look like next to each other are silly gooses. 

My favorite stuff of the night was Steph strutting and singing Vince's theme, and then a quick shot to New Day singing and dancing to it at the same time.

Lol KO looked exactly as fat and short next to Brock as I expected. That match would be as believable as Brock vs Neville. It's a shame that ADR is so fucking boring, because Kalisto deserved a hot match on what should be a huge win for his career. But since it was an ADR match, it was boring as shit and the crowd could not possibly care any less.

Same shit that real chotchballs said about Brock vs. Punk, then that was the second best match of the night but still really great.

ftfy

• Like 2

Looks like most people in this thread are "silly gooses", then. Oh, damn, KO is a little shorter and heavier than Brock Lesnar. I didn't know there was a height and weight requirement to look like a badass against Lesnar. CM Punk might have been "tall", or whatever, but he definitely wasn't a badass. KO is, and that's all that matters.

Charlotte and Ric have managed to get people to care about Becky Lynch. They've accomplished more in the last three weeks than in the entire divas revolution.

None of the women seem to be able to throw strikes on the ground to save their life, though, not even Becky.

• Like 1

It just seemed wrong to have Becky dragged away and have Charlotte be fine.  Sure it showed she would stand up for herself but it also showed that doesn't amount to much.  She should have stood over Charlotte's unconscious form and taunted her father or vice versa.

Has this how all Raw threads have been since October or is it just this week? Good Lord....

Depends.  If Ambrose comes in battered and bruised, carrying a broken wine bottle covered in blood while panting "You should see the other guy, the bastard had it coming! Anybody got a cooler and some ice?  I need to store a kidney" then Piranesi carries the threads for us.

• Like 4

It just seemed wrong to have Becky dragged away and have Charlotte be fine.  Sure it showed she would stand up for herself but it also showed that doesn't amount to much.  She should have stood over Charlotte's unconscious form and taunted her father or vice versa.

She made up for it with the promo. We have a clear heel and a face in the women's division. That's a giant step forward.

Also, did I miss something that kept Ambrose and the Usos away from the main event (I was flipping back and forth) or are Roman's friends and family just a bunch of assholes?

This is a good point. I fast-forwarded through mostly everything, but it seemed like The Usos were fine after their match. and Ambrose supposedly went off looking for KO when he stormed out of the trainers room. Is it going to take Dean three days to find him?

Same shit that real chotchballs said about Brock vs. Punk, then that was the second best match of the night but still really great.

ftfy

It might have actually been the match of the night, actually. It was great. Summerslam 2013 was a great show. I'll shit on ADR as much as anyone, but that match with Christian that night was fucking quality, too.

Jericho's "back of the bus brothers" line seemed bizarrely and needlessly racist.  

As someone that hates whenever Vince shows up on Raw, I was really hoping he was going to get an F5 after Brock was done with everyone else.

Jericho is the guy that's 26, but still shows up to high school parties. Jericho is Trip McNeely.

• Like 1

I don't like Owens but thought he carried himself well and made the most of his time. I think they could have a competitive match now and make it look good. 

I've been sick of how Brock is booked since he beat Undertaker at Hell In A Cell. WWE goes out of their way to show that anything without Brock is a waste of time. Then people exclaim that Brock was the only one who gets a reaction. 

Charlotte and Becky not being able to throw a decent punch aside I loved the hell out of Becky doing the Pearl Harbor job in the worlds of Gorilla Monsoon. I like how Michael Cole makes it sound like this has been going on for six months when in reality maybe it's been going on for two at the most. Stage dad Ric Flair really is the best.

If the WWE was the WWE of fifteen years ago we would have gotten Ric vs. Becky and it would been amazing with Flair comedy bumping for her. Hell a serious match between them two would be interesting as hell to see. It's a shame they don't have that rejuvenation clinic from Back to the Future 2 year that Doc Brown went to. Ric Flair with a change of blood, change of skin, maybe a new liver. Add another 40 years to his life...he would be wrestling again tomorrow.

Kalisto vs. Del Rio was a great match. They could have saved it for the Rumble but I guess with the game on ESPN they had to pull out some stops. Glad to see a great win like that. Hopefully they don't Rey Mysterio Kalisto as a champion.

It was nice to see the Slobberknocker match from the Smackdown games happen for real....only not so much. Man that was so dumb. All that stalling just for Brock to come out and kill everyone. Yeah, I missed the first two hours of the show. Is Roman going in at number one? With that stamina of his that might be a problem. It's amazing how Owens the fat guy is in way better cardio shape than Roman who is the guy with "the look"..

Has this how all Raw threads have been since October or is it just this week? Good Lord....

Depends.  If Ambrose comes in battered and bruised, carrying a broken wine bottle covered in blood while panting "You should see the other guy, the bastard had it coming! Anybody got a cooler and some ice?  I need to store a kidney"

"Feel my pulse, Renee! What does that tell you?  No really WHAT DOES IT TELL YOU WHAT IT A PULSE AND WHAT DOES IT WANT ITS IN MY BODY I USE MORSE CODE ALL THE TIME BECAUSE I HAVE SPRINT BUT ITS JUST LIKE SOME GUY IS SLOWLY WRITING E E E E E E E E E E WHAT DOEST THAT TELL YOU RENEE WHAT IS IT TRYING TO TELL YOU!!?!?!!??!"

• Like 2

Owens is fat and I don't care, he's got tons of charisma and can go. The ring steps have more natural charisma than Del Rio. He's good in the ring, but so? That's really just not enough. The WWE supposedly is paying him seven figures? Good work if you can get it.