DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Just realized the first two nights of the Northeast swing are going to be split squads as they're running shows in Florida the same night. Be interesting to see who goes where...

Just realized the first two nights of the Northeast swing are going to be split squads as they're running shows in Florida the same night. Be interesting to see who goes where...

Not really - that has always been the plan

Have the "big" names working the tour. (ie the folks on TV)

The "newer" guys in Florida (with a couple of names/veterans to guide the new folks)

Yeah the national shows are going to have the Bayley, Dana Brooke, Emma, Carmella group of divas and the regional shows are going to include divas where the biggest name is probably Peyton Royce.  So I guess it sucks for people living in Florida not near Full Sail concerning house shows.

Yeah the national shows are going to have the Bayley, Dana Brooke, Emma, Carmella group of divas and the regional shows are going to include divas where the biggest name is probably Peyton Royce.  So I guess it sucks for people living in Florida not near Full Sail concerning house shows.

That's what you get for jumping on the bandwagon late.

Sucks for me because I was willing to drive to Nashville to get a MGFJay-style creepshot pic of Peyton. 

Here ya go:

peyton-manning-sexy-shirtless-hunk2.jpg

• Like 4

The results from that show last night

Hype Bros defeated Marcus Louis and Sawyer Fulton via pinfall with the Hype Ryder on Marcus. Good reaction for the Bros here. Fun action.

- Elias Samson beat Rich Swann with his new neckbreaker finish. Good match, Swann is beloved already and Elias had a lot of heat here. After the win, Elias hopped the barricade and drifted away.

- Eva Marie, Alexa Bliss and Peyton Royce defeated Liv Morgan, Aliyah, and Adrien Reese. The negative reaction for Eva is amazing these days. Eva got the pin on Aliyah.

- Manny Andrade (the former La Sombra) made his NXT debut and defeated Riddick Moss with running knees to the face while Moss is laying with his head on the bottom turnbuckle. Manny wasn't known yet, so he had to win over this crowd.

- Jason Jordan, Chad Gable and Apollo Crews defeated NXT Champion Dash & Dawson and Angelo Dawkins. American Alpha is very over, a lot of solid wrestling here. Gable hit a delayed roll through Chaos Theory. It was a thing of beauty. Jordan is the best hot tag in NXT, and cleared house before Gable scored the pin after the assisted German Suplex.

- Baron Corbin defeated Alex Riley with the EOD. Physical match. Baron was jawing with the crowd a lot.

- Asuka defeated Billie Kay (w Sylvester LeFort) via Asuka Lock submission. Good match here, all about Asuka.

- NXT Champion Finn Balor and Bull Dempsey defeated Tye Dillinger and Tino Sabatelli. A lot of comedy with Bull doing his jumping jacks routine and upsetting the heels with his antics. Finn was extra animated in this match as he Irish whipped Tino across the ring and chopped him 9 times before Dillinger got in his way to stop the tenth, Finn then chopped Tye for the large ten chant. Balor got the win with the stomp and sent everyone home happy.

Boy - Tino is the main event is something...

Getting caught up on the most recent TV, I finally figured out Asuka's gimmick. She is Kabuki Harpo Marx.

Chad Gable is going to be a total superstar if they give him half a chance. Dude just gets every aspect of it and Jordan is way up there too. Loved the London match where he just suplexed the shit out of everyone after the hot tag.

So stoked for the Asbury Park show with Rev Ray next month.

Getting caught up on the most recent TV, I finally figured out Asuka's gimmick. She is Kabuki Harpo Marx.

Chad Gable is going to be a total superstar if they give him half a chance. Dude just gets every aspect of it and Jordan is way up there too. Loved the London match where he just suplexed the shit out of everyone after the hot tag.

So stoked for the Asbury Park show with Rev Ray next month.

Y'know, as good as Gable is (and I agree with everything you say about him), I have a funny feeling that in ten years the guy that will be on top of the wrestling world is going to be Jason Jordan, I figure him to be main-eventing within 3-5 years and in ten, he might just be the face of the company. I think he has that much potential.

It just baffles me that no one at the Performance Center can teach Cass to throw a halfway decent looking punch. A guy his size, he barely needs much more than a good punch to rule the world, yet they continue to let him throw those limp-wristed shots that connect behind his shoulder. They're the Randy Orton clothesline of punches.

Can they not get Lawler in for a seminar?