DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

15 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

A Jungle Cruise movie?   

What, they couldn't figure out a way to make a Tiki Room or Space Mountain movie?  

I thought Tomorrowland was the Space Mountain movie?

But yeah, Jungle Cruise? Really?

I never guessed they'd get so much mileage out of Pirates of the Caribbean so what do I know?

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

I thought Tomorrowland was the Space Mountain movie?

But yeah, Jungle Cruise? Really?

I never guessed they'd get so much mileage out of Pirates of the Caribbean so what do I know?

Yeah.  While we're at it.  Let's make a Dole Pineapple Whip Stand movie too. 

Wait. 

I would actually like a movie about that Pineapple Whip.  It's so good it literally must be made with sorcery. 

• Like 1

Yeah, that trailer looks exactly like I thought it would. Not bad necessarily, just...like I expected.

Like a Bourne film. Only without the ass-kickings.  So it's mostly paranoia and hacking and everyone knowing THEY'RE WATCHING YOU RIGHT NOW~!

Which is kinda dull. 

Really, this is Snowden's fault for not pulling a Hogan and telling everyone he single-handedly killed like 5 government assassins with his ninja skills and got into several high-speed car chases throughout Europe, thus giving Oliver Stone more to work with. 

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 9:49 AM, Craig H said:

Narcos is such a raw TV series. I need to get back to watching it before Bloodline season 2 comes out.

I thought I was the only one here watching Bloodline. I love it. I didn't bother watching the trailer for season 2. I'm going right in without knowing anything.

Alicia Vikander.has been cast as Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider reboot

Supposedly the first movie will be a "prequel" featuring an "untested" Lara

So basically the plot of the rebooted Tomb Raider game just not the video game

1 minute ago, _MJ_ said:

I can't believe you guys aren't all over that "Weiner":mellow: trailer.

Well it was also no-sold in the Documentary thread too...

I always forget there is a documentary thread, but I would have been talking about it for pages if I had saw it there.  Some much to talk about in it.  Between the early reviews and the trailer itself, I'm almost positive it's going to be glorious.

Didn't say anything in the doc thread for whatever reason but that looks really funny. Always wondered what happened to him after the scandal and had no idea he ran for mayor and had a doc made about him. It almost looks like a real-life episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

12 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

Honestly, the game reboot would be a pretty damn good movie.

And Alicia would rule in that production but how long will her It Girl status last?  I would prefer her welcome to not wear out.

I wonder why Camilla Luddington is never in the conversation for the role of Lara Croft?  She's the mocap and her voice work is incredible.  Can't be a stretch to put that all together and get her in front of an actual camera..

It's one of the wierd things about voice actors... it doesn't seem to matter how good you are, if you make your name on movies or TV and then do video games, you're an actor who slummed it for money once. But if you're a Nolan North or Jennifer Hale type, who did little bits of TV but really made a massive mark on videogames (or animated shows) then you can't get much live action work no matter how good you are.

24 minutes ago, AxB said:

It's one of the wierd things about voice actors... it doesn't seem to matter how good you are, if you make your name on movies or TV and then do video games, you're an actor who slummed it for money once. But if you're a Nolan North or Jennifer Hale type, who did little bits of TV but really made a massive mark on videogames (or animated shows) then you can't get much live action work no matter how good you are.

She's not really a pure voice actor, though.  She's also a vet in front of the camera. 

She's got plenty of movies and TV shows on her resume including Grey's Anatomy.

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Never watched the show personally,  but when she was cast in the Tomb Raider game, links to said clips were floating around. 

Nothing made you click on the links, dude.