DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Winter 2016

Dolfan in NYC

Adam Johnson (who scored for Sunderland last Saturday) goes on trial on four counts of child grooming and molestation, pleads guilty to two of them yesterday, is fired by Sunderland and loses his Adidas sponsorship today, and is almost certain to be jailed for up to two years (much longer if he's found guilty of the ones he denied).

So that's him finished. Rightly so.

I had no idea that doing that was legal. Celta should have been throwing shoulders into their tackles the rest of the game, but I assume they laid over and died, because they let in two more goals in the last 10 minutes.

Apparently it was supposed to be for Neymar, but Suarez got there first. Also, Luis Suarez' nickname at Barca is 'El Gordo'.

They must think he looks like Frank Lampard or something.

I had no idea that doing that was legal. Celta should have been throwing shoulders into their tackles the rest of the game, but I assume they laid over and died, because they let in two more goals in the last 10 minutes.

There should have been a repeat, since Suarez entered the box too early. Execution in general is okay, though, as long as the ball gets some kind of forward momentum.

I can't wrap my head around that being legal. It's one of those things that clearly is legal, but doesn't really fit the "spirit" of the call, if that makes any sense.

I know for indoor soccer, they don't even let you play the rebound. Didn't help me any on the weekend when I stopped a penalty, and then the dude drilled the rebound at me without repercussion from the ref because "he didn't know the rule".