DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

It's just as likely that Daniel Bryan is healthy enough to wrestle. It's all speculation. I feel that there's more pointing to the fact that he would be fine and this is some sort of ploy by WWE considering the hypocrisy surrounding the reasons for sidelining DB. This morning it came out from Meltzer that he thought it was health related and this has nothing to do with Roman. Well, that's fine, but if that's the case, why are you not putting one of your most popular wrestlers on TV in ANY kind of capacity? Creative is that poor that they can't think of a way to milk a property that is over with the fans?

It's just as likely that Daniel Bryan is healthy enough to wrestle. It's all speculation. I feel that there's more pointing to the fact that he would be fine and this is some sort of ploy by WWE considering the hypocrisy surrounding the reasons for sidelining DB. This morning it came out from Meltzer that he thought it was health related and this has nothing to do with Roman. Well, that's fine, but if that's the case, why are you not putting one of your most popular wrestlers on TV in ANY kind of capacity? Creative is that poor that they can't think of a way to milk a property that is over with the fans?

It's not like putting him on Tough Enough bumped the ratings any.   

It's not like putting him on Tough Enough bumped the ratings any.   

Could that have to do with him not doing what he does best, which is wrestle? He's not the Rock in terms of his personality being the draw.

Considering Hogan didn't draw either, you can't really throw the blame at Bryan. And I find it amazing people blame Bryan for the injury, and not the current WWE World Champion for concussing him in the first place.

• Like 1

Nothing was going to help Tough Enough. Why would people give a shit about that show or get invested in whoever wins when other favorites who have been in the system have been totally crapped on?

Honestly, Bryan doesn't change how poor the current show is. I'd LOVE, really love, to see him feud with Owens, but we all know he'd just feud with the Wyatt Family again. 

So I read that Sting needs neck surgery, possibly fusion. Could they please stop with the old men wrestling main event styles before someone gets crippled or worse? Come.out, squash Adam rose, everybody is happy. If not, I'm demanding a Jeff Farmer match at WM.

Triple H discussed WWE's current creative issues, during a conference call today.

http://www.pwmania.com/triple-h-says-wwe-is-working-on-creative-issues-nxt-possibly-replacing-one-hour-of-raw-more

During today’s conference call regarding the NXT Takeover: London special, Triple H commented on the three-hour RAW episodes. Here are some quotes courtesy of SEScoops.com:

“We just have to become more disciplined and more Creative with how we do things, and how we operate the shows,” Hunter said. “We’ve had some unfortunate situations with injuries and everything else. It’s on us to be more creative and come up with a better format; a better show. We hear people’s frustrations and in a lot of ways feel the same way. It’s fixing it. And, trying to fix it. It is what it is. How we fix it, we’re not 100 percent sure yet. But, we will get there. Trust me.”

He also commented on NXT possibly having an hour during RAW:

“If the thought would be to do it there that night, then you’re just doing a third hour. Then, it’s not NXT, then it’s not different and not a different feel and flavor. Is there a way to do that? Maybe. I think at the end of the day, three hours – no matter how you do it – is extremely difficult. I’ll be the first guy to admit that if I go to a movie and it’s longer than two hours, then I’m looking at my watch, no matter how good it is.”

Finally, he commented on NXT stars being called up to the main roster due to injuries:

“The thing that I hate doing is, ‘Well, there’s a lot of injuries right now, so we’re going to pull this guy up,’ but then the injured guys will come back and then we’re not sure what we’ll do – now we have too many guys for the space,” Hunter said.

“I hate taking a guy as talented as Finn Balor and saying, ‘You’re the band-aid to hold us over until all these other guys come back and then we’ll see from there.’ If we don’t have that gameplan for when we call these guys up, especially for a Finn Balor, then it’s not the right time. You need to have something in your mind, and hopefully a long-term plan in place that gets them to where you want them to be. At least that would be the goal for me when guys come up.”

• Like 1

This makes so much sense, WHY DON'T THEY DO THE SHIT?!??!

Go back to two hrs.

Push the wrestlers people respond to.

Make the move from NXT to Raw seem bigger, like a reward for fans and the wrestler(s) alike.

Be "more" creative, which means "not going with the same shit," so no villainous authority figures, no parity booking, make shit mean something. For god's sake, turn Cena heel for 6 mos, just to see what the fuck happens. It's not like you can't turn him back 6 mos 1 day later.

I'm ready for something different. It doesn't necessarily have to entirely be "good-different," if it catches me attention and makes me interested in what next week will bring.

This makes so much sense, WHY DON'T THEY DO THE SHIT?!??!

In order:

Go back to two hrs.

$$$

Push the wrestlers people respond to.

Vince

Make the move from NXT to Raw seem bigger, like a reward for fans and the wrestler(s) alike.

Kevin Dunn

Be "more" creative, which means "not going with the same shit," so no villainous authority figures, no parity booking, make shit mean something. For god's sake, turn Cena heel for 6 mos, just to see what the fuck happens. It's not like you can't turn him back 6 mos 1 day later.

$$$, Vince, and Kevin Dunn.

• Like 3

I never knew the name of that game was dirty Santa. I got screwed out of a Showtime rotisserie at my ex girlfriends family Christmas one year and I will never forget it.

Spot on with the necessity to speak in riddles, though. I just think it would be disingenuous at best to blame all creative issues on injuries, so good for HHH admitting that's only part of it. If Cesaro, Rollins, Bryan, Sting, Orton, Zayn, Itami, Kidd and Cena were all cleared tomorrow I truly don't know if it would make a lick of difference.

Here are highlights of one of the matches from this past Sunday's Destiny Wrestling show...with a run in from a former TNA champion.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qHWoft0xuBg

Ten million movez, chair shots, and a run-in in the opener.

All righty then.

I like that Stone Rockwell guy.  He seems like he'd be a good signing for late '90s ECW

Seeing John Cena on Fallon the other night, I realised that it makes no sense for him to play a heel on TV because he's still gonna be the same nice guy John Cena outside of the show.  

To be fair, though, I remember Hollywood Hogan and The Giant babyfacing the shit out of Leno back in the 90s, particularly when Hogan announced his run for president. In retrospect, "Flat tax, brother" probably seems sane compared to some of the craziness going on today.