DVDVR Message Board

Pitchers & Catchers Report 2/17/16

RIPPA

Interesting story on the Sportsnet site. When Mark Shapiro was approached for the Jays job the team was sub .500 and the locals had no faith in the team and AA. Fast forward a few months and things have changed. If AA leaves it will be because Shapiro wants to be more involved than Paul Beeston was.  A deal supposedly is in AA's hands right now.  Ball is in his court it looks like

Sandy made moves that turned one of the worst MLB lineups of the past decade into the Gashouse Gorrilas. And he had the handicap of the Wilponzis as owners to boot.

I am not hopeful for the future.

Goddamn, we missed our shot didn't we?

Shot ended last Friday. Alex gutted the system for a shot at saving his job/reputation this year. Now you have to wonder Alex turned down 5 year deal did he set himself up somewhere else at some time during this season. The other theory is Alex knew this was coming last year thats why he signed his management team to contract extensions.
  • Like 1

The Expos theory always makes me laugh. Are they getting a new, actual MLB ready stadium for this century?

The Big O has been a national disaster and a joke for so long people have become desensitized to it and seem to be forgetting that it's a national disaster and a joke. This is one of the worst, most expensive stadiums ever built. And it's now 40 years old.

I really don't see how Montreal can seriously be considered for a team if that's your facility going forward. Maybe as a one or two year stop gap but if Montreal is getting a team, somebody is ponying up for a new stadium. That's a big, big ask.