DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL - WEEK FOUR

Dolfan in NYC

Bye

@ Seahawks

vs Eagles

vs Colts

vs Packers

This stretch coming up will be the true indication of who the Panthers are.  Barring an insane comeback by the Bucs, Carolina has done what they were supposed to do.  Keep Pounding Panthers!

The good thing is that the bye will let us get Luke back. The defense really needs him to keep them focused the whole game.

The thing that impressed me on Gurley was that he knew how important it was to run the clock.  he could have easily had a TD at the end of the game and just laid down to run the clock.   Some running backs with years and years (looking at your Giants running backs) haven't figured that out

PFT is saying Dolphins DC Coyle is DOA. Philbin may slide.  

They note that Coyle has almost been fired before but Philbin refused to let him go. If he fights Stephen Ross on it, he may go too.  

God, just interim promote Lazor, write off the season, and let Tannenbaum make the hire he wants. 

Their offense has been as bad as their defense. Lazor getting promoted to interim would be the ultimate example of failing upwards.

Boy, Miami fans must be sick over the fact they had Todd Bowles RIGHT THERE and let him get away.

PFT is saying Dolphins DC Coyle is DOA. Philbin may slide.  

They note that Coyle has almost been fired before but Philbin refused to let him go. If he fights Stephen Ross on it, he may go too.  

God, just interim promote Lazor, write off the season, and let Tannenbaum make the hire he wants. 

Hire Chuck Pagano in the offseason.

Who knows. Chuck Pagano AND Ryan Grigson may both be available!

For what it's worth, I like Chuck Pagano a lot and think it would be a load of shit if he gets the axe.

Jets beat the Dolphins so badly my Dolphin fan friends were all "at least Arsenal beat United", and I made a birdie on a par 5 while golfing yesterday. Sunday was a good day.

I still don't like Shitzpatrick though. :)

Edited by Dewar

Schefter says the Dolphins are (as of last night) firing Philbin.  

TE coach Dan Campbell will take over as interim head coach.   

No official word from the team yet. 

Jokes aside--if he could have done it without looking total scum, Irsay would have canned Pagano for Arians.

Honestly - and hindsight being 20/20 and all that - Arians was the guy to keep. He's a QB wizard and, assuming he made the same moves in Indy, he would've hired Bowles so you guys would've ended up with a pretty good defense. Hard to blame Irsay tho. Like you said, there's no way you fire the cancer survivor, especially when 3/4 of the city is wearing Chuckstrong bracelets, and not look like a world class douchebag.

They took a swing at Harbaugh years ago, flubbed it, he went to the Niners instead. And had to keep Sparano on the books two years longer as a result.

Looking forward, all I want for Christmas is Mark Dantonio. For Ross it's a win-win: Improves the Dolphins, sinks Michigan State. But he's a winner, period.

RT @LeBatardShow:"Dolphins went from last in league to first in league in Muscled Coach Who Will Kick Your Ass"

Here's what's interesting: Campbell has been considered a rising star on the staff for a few years. If they had no intention on giving an interim coach a genuine look, they would have made ST coach Darren Rizzi the interim and 100% likely go fishing in the off-season. Campbell might actually be getting a chance to keep the job. We'll see. But he definitely said all the right things today and carried himself like a head coach.

Put it this way: No one thought in 2010 that Jason Garrett, who got the job under the exact same circumstances, would still be leading the Cowboys in 2015.