DVDVR Message Board

2015 NCAAF: WEEK 5

Dolfan in NYC

One time I will look at the rankings list and be able to work out three of the teams.

Well 1 and 2 should be pretty easy to figure out. Took me a while to figure out #3 was Mississippi, but Kermit is a giveaway for TCU (only team named after Frogs) and the bear for Baylor was a big giveaway. DMN is right though, if UCLA makes it to the top 5 before fucking up their season, distinguishing between Baylor and UCLA could get troublesome. I suggest finding a gif of Bill Walton to signify UCLA. Bonus points if he's smoking a doobie in the gif.

I'll be at the Iowa/Wisconsin game on Saturday morning, so hopefully they don't fuck it up and lose by 30, I was at the Melvin Gordon record setting game(broken very quickly) last year in cold, snowy shit weather, so that was something. The one where they made Nebraska look like they had fielded their entire team from random dudes off the street.

Tough game for ND this week. I worry this is where the winning stops. Clemson is no joke, unless Kelly decides go full Air Raid, which i doubt he does. I just don't trust that defense.

Game is still on in cow town even with 3-5 inches of rain in the forecast. It (along with Gameday) should be a spectacle.

Tough game for ND this week. I worry this is where the winning stops. Clemson is no joke, unless Kelly decides go full Air Raid, which i doubt he does. I just don't trust that defense.

Game is still on in cow town even with 3-5 inches of rain in the forecast. It (along with Gameday) should be a spectacle.

My brother and sister in law went down to Nashville yesterday and were going to the campus today. The other day before they left, my brother was desperately trying to convince his wife that the rain would miss them. I'm sure I'll hear many fun stories of their experience.

Hard to believe it was less than 10 years ago that everybody thought Owen Schmitt bashing himself in the head with his helmet was SO AWESOME.

Dude was a walking public service announcement for CTE before anybody knew what it was.

I am only basing this off of random people on Twitter but multiple people have stated that the talent level was atrocious by the time that Mack Brown left, so as enjoyable as it may be for some to rip Strong and laugh at how bad they've been this season, those that think he should be fired already likely aren't thinking rationally.

There is a bevy of talent in their backyard and they are the wealthiest program in the nation. You'd think their backups should be good enough to beat most teams.

2012 Rivals ranking had Texas at #2.  2013  #24.  2014 #20.  2015 #12

That does suck for Texas. No way they should be outside of the top 20 ever.