DVDVR Message Board
Cliff Hanger

Comic book projects that don't warrant a thread yet

Preacher was very different to the books, but as it went along they were trying to bring it closer and cram in as much book stuff as they could. American Gods season One was really good, other than that it covered much less of the overall story than people were expecting it to. But season two was much less impressive, and apparently season 3 is going to be a huge shitshow. They fired the guy who plays Mr Nancy! They fired THIS GUY:

Amercian Gods was discussed in the TV section when it was on. 

Pretty much what everyone else has sad. Good not great. 

Better to watch Good Omens. 

On 2/14/2020 at 3:06 PM, assfax said:

First of all, are those Preacher and American Gods shows any good?  Is it just retelling the books?  I've just never heard anything about either of them positive or negative.  Second,  there's a fucking Bloodshot movie?  What the fuck.  I even liked both the old and new Bloodshot series.  Matter o' fact I love most of that old Valiant shit.  Now more than then.  Geomancer sucks tho'.

Preacher was good. American Gods was good though I have little faith in S3 right now.

I'm trying to watch Locke & Key but I swear, every time the kid who plays Bode opens his mouth, I hear Vincent Adultman.  It's...really distracting.

If that ruins his part for anyone else, I'm not sorry, because this oddity has to be spread around as much as possible.

Edited by Contentious C

Bloodshot was quite the generic superhero action movie. Sketchy CGI, mediocre performances, lots of "cool" slow-mo shots, Diesel once again demonstrating his best work is done in voice over, and Guy Pearce as another underwhelming quasi-supervillain. So yeah...not a great start to the Valiant Cinematic Universe, although it's still  better than the Mummy.

I am not very familiar with the Valiant line so I imagine I missed any Easter Eggs or references.