DVDVR Message Board
Cliff Hanger

Comic book projects that don't warrant a thread yet

14 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

Y'all are dead to me.  Except Eivion.  Tank Girl is amazing.

12 hours ago, Casey said:

BLOCKED.

Man, and I thought that I was the one with Joe Bob Briggs levels of extremely forgiving standards.

You guys have set a new low bar.

Anyway, speaking of forgiving standards and low bars, Valerian and the City of 1000 Planets should be debuting on SYFY sometime in mid to late September so check your local listings.

VALERIAN is the ONLY movie we've ever seen together that my spouse turned to me during the credits and said "That was really good!"

Their normal response to every movie is either "It was ok" or "I didn't like it"

9 hours ago, AxB said:

Did anyone else who played a Ripper go on to be notable? Because I only recognise Ice T and Reg E Cathay.

I never knew werey it where it was I first saw him, but I always dug him in whatever he showed up in. Seeing this clip makes me realize it was likely Tank Girl I first saw him in.

Edited by Eivion

I wish y'all hadn't spoiled that one for me because I would have marked out seeing him in that makeup out of nowhere. Loved him since he was Querns in Oz.

I mean he's not very recognizable, to me anyway.

2bb2fad6b5b3df2c19ae86a5732df4f6.jpg

But I mean... the movie is almost 25 years old at this point, so spoilers kind of go away after a certain point 😛

EDIT: We aren't talking about Ice T apparently. Damnit. But the last part still stands!

Edited by Casey

I honestly think that Zack Snyder watched Tank Girl before making Sucker Punch, because he honestly believed that history would eventually be kind to his crappy movie as long as he had Army Of Me by Bjork on the soundtrack.

That soundtrack did kick ass. Particularly Skunk Anansie's cover of Search and Destroy.

2 hours ago, Ace said:

That soundtrack did kick ass. Particularly Skunk Anansie's cover of Search and Destroy.

Girl U Want by Devo fucking rules.