DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Fall 2015

Pete

Benteke is legit and that was a great showing against a mentally weak side. Costa should get another ban for kicking Skrtel. Ah, City just about dropped points against Norwich to make this a phenomenal day.

Chelsea are still more likely to make the Champions League than Liverpool according to the bookies. Not sure about that, but it was certainly a six-pointer and Liverpool needed a good result and got it.

Would be really funny if the rumblings about Rodgers becoming interim manager are true.

This ends with Simeone arriving in the summer which could be bad news for everybody else. Shit, how many Atletico players have they bought or tried to buy? Plus Diego on the flip side of the buying/selling club dynamic could be scary. DNW.

Good to see Klopp winning one in BPL and jumping around like crazy. Hope he can get something going.

Bundesliga sees something really rare, as Bayern drop points in a goalless draw at Frankfurt while Dortmund wins their away game at Werder Bremen. First time since Bayern took the lead that the point deficite was reduced, it´s still at a comfortable five points though.

Don´t get used to it, however. Dortmund will play Schalke on the next matchday, while Bayern awaits bottom tier Stuttgart in Munich. Schalke looked lackluster against Ingolstadt today, but then again they have been on and off this season so far.

Augsburg, with only two points out of the last six games, finally seems to have the season that is taking it´s toll on them. Which isn´t unusual with the team having to play in Europe midweek etc. Hoffenheim drew their first match after firing their coach Gisdol, goalless at FC Koeln.

Gladbach, after their five-loss-season-opening, are on to six in a row, easily dispatching of Hertha Berlin in their 4-1 away win. Hertha had a pretty good start this season, so this has to count for a kind of surprise at least.

In a match nobody cares about, Wolfsburg and Leverkusen battle it out for keeping up with the CL ranks right now. 1-1 at the moment.

This ends with Simeone arriving in the summer which could be bad news for everybody else. Shit, how many Atletico players have they bought or tried to buy? Plus Diego on the flip side of the buying/selling club dynamic could be scary. DNW.

Simeone is a giant knob that loves drama and dirty play so this is probably a good call.

Kreis has been sacked by City jr. Capello is rumored to be the replacement. Seeing them fail to learn from history is hilarious, they are officially a dumpster fire at this point.

Terrible news: my fellow longtime ESC member Mike Vallo passed away today at the age of 25. I'm just in total shock, he was one of the coolest wittiest guys I ever met and his love for Metro was second to none. My favorite memory was hanging with him at a sparsely attended CCL game last season. One of the other supporters groups vocally voiced their quasi racist opposition to spanish songs ESC has been singing since before the league was even born at Centaurs games. We made it our mission to piss that group off by singing every spanish song we could possibly think of for the entire game. When we scored we did the "Yes" chant until he realised a better chant: "Si". Everyone in 101 picked up on it as I could see the steam coming out of the ears of the "english only" folks. The only solace I take is that his last moments on earth were spent seeing us beat DC. RIP.

Typically not a peep out of you lot as Arsenal go top. 2 set-piece goals, not something you usually see with Arsenal but they look to be learning to play a bit ugly at times. I say ugly, Olivier Giroud is dreamy.

Hello Mr Harms how are you I hope you are enjoying the fine footballing action today I am sorry I did not drop what I was doing the other week to discuss the Arsenal however now today I have more free time and if you would like to discuss the Arsenal I am available I think that Cech will solve everything and

• Like 1

Apparently Mathieu Valbuena's laptop (featuring a sextape starring himself) was stolen, and he has been facing blackmail threats in regards to the video being released to the media.  Recent developments are suggesting that Benzema is somehow tied up with the group behind this extortion racket, with speculation that he may have assisted the group in procuring the laptop in question.  Djibril Cissé was also recently held and questioned regarding the same issue, but ultimately released.

Palace can fuck off imo.

Catching up on the Revierderby... Great, action-packed game with chances galore. Aubameyang is the perfect striker for Dortmund and it's great to see Shinji both not be on a team of dinkuses and back to his best. It was his moral obligation to not play well for that lot.

• Like 1

Tottenham really should have beat THOSE PEOPLE today, but had like 10 good minutes of pressure when up 1-0 and failed to score the second goal. Then one great Ozil pass later and it's tied.

Then again it might have been all different if THOSE PEOPLE had a real striker instead of Giroud.

Tottenham really should have beat THOSE PEOPLE today, but had like 10 good minutes of pressure when up 1-0 and failed to score the second goal. Then one great Ozil pass later and it's tied.

Then again it might have been all different if THOSE PEOPLE had a real striker instead of Giroud.

Aw bless