DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 PHOTO THREAD!

DEAN

if anyone's interested, I found some results for that Houston show on legacyofwrestling.com.

Houston TX: January 27, 1956
(City Aud) … (tournament, winner to meet Lou Thesz) (final) Pepper Gomez
beat Dr. Jerry Graham … (semifinal) Dr. Jerry Graham beat Luigi Macera …
(second round) Dr. Jerry Graham beat Manuel Cortez (dq) … Pepper Gomez beat
Kinji Shibuya (dq) … Luigi Macera beat Don Evans … (first round) Dr. Jerry
Graham beat Clyde Steeves … Kinji Shibuya beat Ray Gunkel … Luigi Macera
beat Danny McShain … NOTE: Results in Houston Chronicle were incomplete
  • Like 1

I can't even imagine wearing that shirt around non-fans. I would think you'd get tired of explaining what it means, which would probably happen often.

Eh, even with the tiny NXT tag in the bottom, if you wore it out in the wild people would probably think it was some indie-hipster band. I get "is that a band?" questions almost every time I wear my "I Broke Wahoo's Leg" t-shirt. That may just be me though since my primary social activity is going out to see bands anyway.

• Like 1

I can't even imagine wearing that shirt around non-fans. I would think you'd get tired of explaining what it means, which would probably happen often.

Eh, even with the tiny NXT tag in the bottom, if you wore it out in the wild people would probably think it was some indie-hipster band. I get "is that a band?" questions almost every time I wear my "I Broke Wahoo's Leg" t-shirt. That may just be me though since my primary social activity is going out to see bands anyway.

5s68TcQ.png

• Like 1

Had a lot of bullshit with my DDP BANG! Shirt.

The "Never See It Coming" on the back of the thing didn't help either.

My brother had one with a stylized DDP on the back and an old woman stopped him once and said "Excuse me, what is Dop?"  He had to try really hard not to laugh while trying to explain it.