DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Damn, poor donuts had a rough night.  I got him about 40 times.  Pretty sure the total must've been over 100 from everybody.

Got my first and second every helicopter allah akbars tonight.  The second was beautiful since it was on one of those damned tanks.

Cash flow is definitely becoming an issue.  I might finally have to give in and sell some of the more expensive cars that my second character has.  Of course, that's why I originally started the second one anyway, back in the free money, billion dollar bounty days.  I bought the new super.  No clue why, really, but I went ahead and did it anyway.  Damn thing costs $24K in insurance if it's taken out.  Melraz found that out the hard way during a mission.

Poor, poor Donut. The best part of it all was him repeatedly sending one on one deathmatches in the middle of it all. I don't know if he was brave or stupid.

It was so thick that my one on one with him ended in a draw. I never got a chance to even try to shoot him. There were many times when his dot hadn't even appeared on the minimap yet before he died again. Somebody would be like, "Where's Donut? Did he leav-oh never mind, he's dead."

And I got ROBBED on the one Top Fun round, dalmit. I was the only one left. I successfully do a loop in the Mallard to avoid a rocket and start climbing high. I see them closing in, but I'm near the airport, so I go into a nosedive. I'm close to the hangar and hear the radar going off. Rockets are close. I bail out and get ready to open my parachute.

"Shit yeah," I think, "I did it! I've got this. I can see the yellow marke-"

WHAM! Right into a fucking light pole. Mission over. Loser.

• Like 1

The only think I have to do other than finish the story is get the stunt jumps done in order to get 100% Completion.  There is no way I am doing the Knife Flight or Under the Bridge challenges over again on an Xbox one. 

Once I get a job closer to my crib, I am just going to take a couple of staycations and finish up games I should've beaten already.

The only think I have to do other than finish the story is get the stunt jumps done in order to get 100% Completion.  There is no way I am doing the Knife Flight or Under the Bridge challenges over again on an Xbox one. 

Once I get a job closer to my crib, I am just going to take a couple of staycations and finish up games I should've beaten already.

How lclose are you to finally finishing?

I still have a few missions to go.  Last time I checked, Franklin was still at his house in the hills perched on the Hakouchou I got for him so that I could start doing Stunt Jumps. 

Oh I know I can transfer

The only downside is all the misfits of the crew still on the 360

Or you can take all the fat profits you make off DVDVR's ads and buy us each XBone's to go with yours. 

• Like 2

I'll be on as usual.  Been on and off all day so far.  

I think I may have run into the biggest bitch in all of GTA a few minutes ago.  Got on for a minute to sell a car, and noticed that one guy was alternating between killing and taking the easy way out.  I hate fuckers that do that, so I decided to go after him.  Turned out he was a level 80 something, and he had two really low level guys pinned down north of that big lake.  I picked up a bounty on my way, and helicoptered into the mountains north of him.  Couldn't find him for the longest time, till I finally spotted him hunkered down behind a police car for cover way the hell away from me.  Long-ass RPG shot nailed him, and then he immediately went into passive.  After one damn kill.  He spent about 5 minutes running around me flipping me off in passive, while I mauled two other guys that came up in helicopters after my bounty.  One of the low levels ended up killing me for the bounty, so I went off on them too, and drove everybody off.  Easy way out guy never did come out of passive - he eventually just left the server.  

Apparently the new Gold plane, if you get in as a passenger and are in first person, you get an option to smoke a cigar or drink champagne. The new gun skins look interesting. But you wouldn't get rid of your 600 kill trophy colour just to show you have excessive GTA$, would you?

EDIT: Snakeskin Rolls Royce? You could totally work a Yamakawa gimmick in one of those.

Jeez, we were referencing Dusty and the "hard times" promo last night. Damn this day. Might have to put some hard time blues on some dots later.

Yeah, it's really strange. I had never tried a Dusty impression until earlier this week. Me and a buddy have been making up our own just goofing off, and I'll be damned.

I'm not gonna wax poetic about the guy because I didn't start watching wrestling until the Attitude Era, so it doesn't feel right. But I've watched plenty on youtube and damn...the man cut a hell of a promo. This sucks.

To bring it back on topic, I should be on a little later if any of you bloodhounds are still on.

Oh yeah, and that semi truck trick might be the most impressive stunt I've seen in this game, and that's saying a lot.

• Like 1

"Hey, I know what let's do, let's go get my Insurgent with the gun on it and go mess with those three dudes down there."

WHACK!

"Time to go into passive."

Those two got backhanded so hard. It was glorious.

We got into a 3-on-3 crew vs. crew scrap earlier, but the other crew kept grabbing Insurgents with the guns on them and tanks (multiple times) and there we were, fighting all this shit on the ground. Never got a tank, never got an Insurgent. We got tired of their stupid shit and left, and I guarantee you they were like "huh huh, we kicked their ass."

Then there was the guy who kept Allah Akbaring us. We invented that move, dalmit. That's our deal. We should get royalties.

I couldn't help but laugh, though, it was truly funny. He'd go off radar, Mel would go off radar. It was comical. It did put me on the other end of it and let me get a better idea of how hard it is to defend if done right.

Then we ran into a modder. Had a Christmas light as a head. Made his whole body disappear at one point. We flew around in his gold helicopter for a while. All of us were like "no shooting this dude, let's see if he starts dropping cash." He didn't, unfortunately.

When I joined the late shift after the NBA Finals, we ran into two dudes who were pretty decent, but they vanished quick. The quality dropped quite a bit after that and stayed bad.

• Like 1

The Combat PDW looks like it will be a boss replacement for the Assault SMG. Decent impact and a built in flash suppressor.

The new muscle card looks like a Ford Torino.   Why did R* not give up some license fee cash to get a Starsky & Hutch paint job for that thing?

Maybe it went under the radar. You can do a pretty good approximation of the Wayne's World car with the Rhapsody. They have a flames decal available just for that car that makes it work.

EDIT: Just had a fun little time in Freemode. Jumped on to do that weekend playlist. Smallish amount of work for $25,000, and it gave me several explosives afterward like sticky bombs and molotovs, etc. Then it put me in a room and one guy from the event gave me a ride back into town. We wandered into a sea of dots, yet no one shot at us. One guy wanted to get in the car - guess they knew him - so I got out.

Then on the way back to my garage, I got a message that noted French terrorist Kill Target was on the loose, and he was fairly near me. I got to him, and a red dot was coming in hard. I had a tiny advantage on him, but not much margin for error. I threw a sticky bomb on a car and set off a chain reaction that got me, a random car, the target and the red dot.

I respawned and figured dude would be pissed. Instead, he picks me up and we keep getting into his various new helicopters to battle with bunches of dudes in the skies. We'd get shot down, respawn, take out about three or so choppers with homing rockets, go get another helicopter, repeat.

That 'copter from the last heist is a beast, even if it isn't very maneuverable. Right as I was getting ready to leave, he picked me up in an insurgent. I'm like "is there a toy this dude doesn't have?" Oh yeah, first time he picked me up, he was in the new Super.

I forget his hame now, but I ran into that very last dude we dealt with last night before clearing the room. Something420. I know it was him, I remembered the name then.

If anybody still needs to get a special crate, this seems to be the weekend.  It's raining the damned things.  I picked up 4 yesterday without much effort.  Would've been 5, but one of them was bugged. and wouldn't let me grab it.

Also, I got in a ridiculously low level room yesterday afternoon.  There were 4 other people in the room.  The highest was level 9.  I got a lot of pistol kills.

• Like 1

You should've been in game chat for that room. "STOP KIWWING ME!"

People on GTA Forums also say the amount of side crap happening like Simeon cars and smuggler planes and distract the cops has jumped, for some reason. I need to get in on that, I love doing that stuff.

I wanna fight for a crate, too, but I'm not exactly gonna be sad if I don't get one. It's just a shirt I'll never wear.

Yeah, those things were definitely coming more frequently than normal, at least at times.  I only got two Simeon cars, but they came within 15 minutes of each other in the same room.  Got 3 of those destroy vehicle things.  I'd never done one before.  The distract the cops thing was coming all the time as well.  Several times I got the message, but the purple circle never appeared.

The red gang cars were acting funky as well.  One time there were two of them sitting side by side.  The next time I went by I picked up a silver gang car.  First time I've ever seen that.

Made a decent bit of money yesterday.  Nearly back to where I was before Thursday's marathon run.  I think I only blew up one personal car the entire day.  Of course, it had to be a Zentorno.

The guy who gave me a lift into town the other day drove us into his garage, where he had three Zentornos. No idea why amyone would have three of 'em, but oh well.

I have four of the same car, but I use them for sticky bombing when I can't find a car on the streets. Wouldn't use Zentornos for that purpose, no sir.