DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Got one of my funniest kills ever yesterday in between selling a bunch of cars on both systems. Spawned into a public on the 360 with a bounty and saw a dot start coming for me. Threw a sticky at my feet, then stayed still like I was away from controller. The guy got a bit of a surprise when he tried to run me over.

Also figured out a temporary solution to my money problems. Decided to sell all my female characters cars on 360, and all the guys cars for the one

• Like 1

Theres a new bike comin with that new update whenever it is i cant remember.

Does it duplicate your cars when you go to the 1?

Do your stats stay on the 360 when you transfer?

Mel, didn't you have that bike at one point from when we could glitch those Special Edition vehicles into spots in our garages, even if we couldn't drive them out of the garage? I remember it being somehow a bit faster than the Akuma, but even harder to drive. Basically, it was a death trap. I liked that electric sports car, but not enough to race it.

New update's next week.

I got into a little scrapping yesterday - jumped into a lobby and there was this kid on the game chat whose gamer tag was "sweet meat." I'm about 98 percent sure he was trolling the room, because he sounded about like you'd expect a guy named "sweet meat" would. I started killing him just to listen to him whine/teach him a valuable lesson (he was a Level 4). I was in a Zentorno at the airport at one point with some stranger running around killing the kid while some guy was in a jump jet above us raining death on the kid (the guy in the jump jet sent me a text that said "LOL" at one point).

Finally, after Sweet Meat whined "stop killing me, you guys, I just want to fly a plane!" I got on mic and informed the kid that he needed to leave Freemode immediately, he was of no level to defend himself, and if he went into an invite-only room, he could fly all the planes he wanted and no one would hassle him. The kid said he'd be fine. So I got tired of the whole deal and left to work on daily objectives.

Also raced a 12-race playlist with eight other guys in the racing crew. The only time I didn't finish last is when one of the other guys took the race off. These guys are sharks.

• Like 2

Yeah i had that bike for a little while but hated callin it in and an empty spot in the garage so i canned it. I cant remember how it drove or handled or much about it. Im gonna hafta make some more cash to buy the new one next week. That dalm nos bike made me spend 1 mil after upgrades so the ol bank account is lookin a lil puny. Had 4 people come back to work this week over various things so i will get a lil more home time to play again.

Theres a new bike comin with that new update whenever it is i cant remember.

Does it duplicate your cars when you go to the 1?

Do your stats stay on the 360 when you transfer?

Your characters stats, weapons, apartments, cars will all be the same. You can change their appearance if you want. If you're an achievement whore you can reearn them.

The new update is next week. Looks like more overpriced crap I'll never buy, but there is a new radio station being added.

• Like 1

Yeah, as soon as I transferred, I "earned" about 2 million achievements simply by transferring.

I hope this isn't a trend: For some reason, I'd get into a public room and the game chat would be playing over the TV. And it would not stop. I had to individually mute everyone on game chat in one room. There's gotta be a setting for that somewhere, but damned if I know where it is.

Oh yeah, one fun thing I heard about and finally noticed tonight - on the One, there's pre-modded vehicles sort of littered about in random places. There's supposedly a Sentinel somewhere on the streets that sells for $17,000 at LSC, and I found a Sabre Turbo tonight outside the LSC that had the exposed engine coming out of the hood (a scoop? I dunno) and what looked like a turbo kit inside that sold for $15,000.

This is a good thing, because I can't get one of my beloved red gang cars to spawn to save my life.

And I've also gotten soft - I was playing with a buddy of mine who just got the game, so we did Violent Duct on easy. I actually didn't use the Kuruma, and damn near got killed several times. I was putting on armor and eating candy like crazy. Got saved once by my buddy, who shot someone getting ready to lay the smack down on me.

I'm scared I'm gonna lose him, 'cause the game's confusing starting out and there's a lot to learn, but we're on the right track. Got him the Special Carbine, and thanks to double RP over the weekend, he went from Level 1 to 9 just dicking around with me. The tiny type remains punishing, though.

Those BALL boys can kiss my ASS. Burke Robert and I were doin missions just before we hit the streets of chaos. It split us all up. In my room there were 7 of the same gang, BALL. 4 of them were in an insergent kickin the ever lovin shit outta people. When my jihad ass finally caught em they were inna distract cops circle. Boom goes the first of many insergents. Burke and robert join and so does an 8th ball boy. They loved their insergents tanks and jets. Some were descent but dalm it was rough 3 on 8, i think we did purdy dalm good though.

The next room was the fun room...then the rail road called just as i was about to go to bed. Ahhh its gonna be a loooong shitty day.

• Like 1

Hell, there ain't no "we" to it. You and Robert fared well. I think I managed two kills out of that bunch. If it wasn't a jet up my ass, it was a their AP pistol Insurgent drive-bys that got me. At one point, I took off toward Zancudo to get a jet and try my luck...damn if one of them wasn't up there already and blew me up. I finally got into the fort and a tank killed me before I could get a jet, so I cut bait and bailed on that idea altogether.

We finally ended up in a normal room where it was pretty even. I managed to make a new friend. (friend = I make you think I'm friendly while I drive you up to a crew member who will blow us to hell while I act like I didn't see it coming). Mel even warned me. "Don't let that fucker in your car. Remember Wolf Beast."

Me: Nah it's fine. That won't happe-  **K I L L 2314 wants to be your friend*  FUCK

That poor kid was a disaster. He's probably still coughing up shoelaces this morning.

Oh yeah, Stout. We poured one out for you last night when we saw you online in the racing crew. I was trying to get to the "report for unsporting behavior" screen so I could take a picture and post on here, but I was afraid I was actually going to accidentally submit a bad review, so I quit before I did.

Funniest part of the night for me...Melraz going, "Oh shit it's after 2 a.m.?? Boys, I'm gonna have to get in the bed before the railroad cal--BA-DING...AHHHHHHHH FUCK."

• Like 2

Touchin'. 'Murica.

Seven on three with those seven grabbing Insurgents and jets and I would've been like "I'm too drunk for Freemode!" I know it's perfectly OK to grab Insurgents and jets, and just because we don't like 'em doesn't mean they're bad, but it sucks when we won't do that bullshit and they will.

Yeah, I figured that (at the time I set it) since none of you guys were on the One, I'd switch over to the racing crew to make it easier for them to find me when they need someone to finish last. I haven't been in Freemode in ages, so I haven't changed it back.

Still trying to get the training wheels off my buddy's new character, but he's WAY too much like Dan and just wants to run around killing NPCs. He doesn't give them backstories and names, however. He is almost a savant at losing the cops now. He got that cool carbine rifle, so he's getting better with missions.

Pisses me off, though that we did the Sawmill survival and he's out there running and gunning like a dipshit instead of taking cover. So he got killed and left me with about 200 rednecks and a helicopter. He got killed on the fourth wave of Boneyard, too, but the helicopter might have gotten him after I didn't take it out right away.

• Like 2

I got my ass wupped in that first room. Y'all asked what bad sport looked like. That was a good approximation last night. Eight high level assholes from one crew with multiple insurgents, tanks and jets all at the same time. One guy was level 850 something.

Last room was the polar opposite. I had about a 10-1 k/d in there. I'd have three guys spawn on top of me, have no cover, and get all three. Melraz got about 80 of kills from blowing up armored cars with 3-4 guys in em.

• Like 2

Dammit, I'm a level 9000, you figure I know what I'm talking about, but people don't listen. Like ne telling Sweet Meat to get his level 4 ass out of freemode.

I told my buddy this game is all about finding cover and taking it. Patience is key. But he's running off trying to high-five the shitdick brothers, and what do you know, he gets killed.

• Like 2

Excellent.

Dan without his musket = Timmy without Lassie

Killing me trying to teach someone how to play this game. "WHY WON'T IT DO THIS? WHY WON'T IT DO THAT? THAT'S STUPID!"

"Yours is not to question why, yours is to steal that Baller right there and sell it for nine grand at the pay and spray."

My buddy got a Simeon car and I told him to take all of those to the right-hand pay and spray. I'd told him countless times that there are three pay and sprays in the heart of town and they form a triangle. There's left, center and right. So I tell him to go to the right-hand pay and spray and he takes the car up to the pay and spray in freakin' Sandy Shores.

"Well, that's on the right."

"No, I told you, when I refer to left, center and right, I'm talking about the heart of town only, not the outlying areas in the boonies."

"Oh. well, I'd rather go to the left one anyway."

"Well, whatever..."

"Which poke and stroke do I take it to?"

"That's pay and spray, not poke and stroke."

• Like 2

Last night we showed what a group of truly determined men can achieve if they are truly united in a cause. Of course,that cause was pointless, and ridiculous, but damned if we didn't achieve it

We managed to create the most mangled Mesa ever. Like 15 collisions with trains mangled. It was bad enough that it actually looked better after being dragged through a tunnel by a train. Most of the front was gone. The spare tire looked like Jaws has chewed off most of it. The doors were still attached, but our legs were sticking through em.

We had to get a picture of it. Problem was, we got launched off a railroad bridge into the waterfall that you have to drive up in that one Ron mission, and the car was destroyed. We weren't gonna let that stop us though. Dan and i used about $20000 worth of rockets to move it clear of the cliffs, so that Melraz could pick it up with a cargobob and bring it to shore for the photo op

• Like 1