DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

yeah, I'm gonna pass on ESO....

Witcher 3 seems interesting, but I'm trying to hold out on buying a new game until Rainbow 6 comes out...

I would recommend Neverwinter and Warframe, as they're both free and not completely broken.  I've got friends that play the ever-loving shit out of both of them...I just got tired of 'em though

So is it time for a roll call? Who doesn't have GTA for the One, or a One at all?

I have a One, but not GTA. I know Mel doesn't have either. Are we the only two without one or the other?

If the rest of you get it and still plan on playing, I'll drop the $60 anyway because I've had too much fun on 360 and the $60 is worth it. That is, of course, if we can con the Mayor into buying a One too.

Unless this is all a ploy to get away from my and Mel's Sling Blade sounding hillbilly asses.

*spits dip into spittoon*

*spittoon BA-DINGS!!*

• Like 2

I don't have it for the xb1, however, if the crew is going to get it on the xb1, I'd more than likely get it.  I'm getting burnt out over Bungie's shit with Destiny.

I was in the same boat as Stout, I saw no reason to shell out the extra $$ for the xb1 version, when everybody was still playing it on the 360.

Honestly, I still play on my 360 a lot more than I do on the xb1, just because of the shit I play on . I use my xb1 for netflix, AIV, and hbo go

I was fired up 'cause I wanted to go racing with my racing folks, and none of them are on.

I've spent most of the evening poking around doing dumb shit to notice the differences. A lot of it's weirdly similar. I thought they could tame that glitch, for instance, where the Merriweather helicopter doesn't come all the way to the ground. Nope. I'm gonna poke around wall breaches now, though I heard that at least those were fixed.

Im still torn between the ps4 and xb1. Uncharted comes out this winter and those games are about as much a must as gta. Dont see me gettin either if work stays like this. Im on number 9 out of 10 tonight.

I'm downloading it for the one now. Looks like I win the dumbass award, cause I will soon own this for 3 different systems. I ought to buy it for the pc and ps4 and make it 5. I am a fool, clearly. I'm gonna alternate between the two xboxs depending on who I can find online.

• Like 1

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Mis' logic was exactly my logic. I didn't want to dump my 360 version if no one was playing on the One for that rare occasion I might attempt to do a heist again.

But yeah - once I am not lazy, I am going to trade in my copies of Dragon Age and GTA V - and that should cover a decent chunk of the cost for the One version.

And then I will be back in and be so very rusty...

• Like 1

I still say there's gotta be something better to do with your money. I could maybe see it if you haven't played much of the story, because they've added a lot of stuff to single-player.

Be prepared to be disappointed and amazed at the same time, somehow - I was cruising along last night in an invite-only room when I crashed against a wall while noting how detailed the scene in front of me was.

Oh yeah, Dan, they put all the Independence Day stuff from last year back online this year (and cheaper), so you MIGHT be able to buy your beloved musket back. If you can, you gotta name it. I know "Shoo-Baby" is taken, but something along those lines.

Apparently, there's fireworks on sale for the launcher, but not the ground fireworks. The same bad playlist from last year is paying double cash. The monster truck is now about $600,000, and that Murika-colored motorcycle is back on sale.

I still say there's gotta be something better to do with your money. I could maybe see it if you haven't played much of the story, because they've added a lot of stuff to single-player.

I haven't so that is part of it

I only got to the part where Trevor returns to the city (basically the last story mission I did was the one where they break up the reality show)

I realized that I had no desire to finish the story... at least on the 360

Either way - I am going to have to dump it soon off my 360 since I need the almost 10 gigs of hard drive space

I'm really hedging my bets on there eventually being some single-player DLC. Some high-up at Rockstar said "well, we promised you the heists, you got those, that's all we've promised," while the guy who plays Franklin (pretty sure it was him) Tweeted something about being back in the studio recording some parts for a DLC thing. Since Franklin hasn't appeared at all in Online, makes me think it's single-player. I'd about damn guarantee any single-player DLC would be One/PS4/PC-exclusive.

And Rippa, just get a bigger hard drive. We'd all like to have a bigger hard drive. Amirite, fellas?

My buddy says it's horribly linear - all of those games are, to a certain extent - "go get this, bring it here, do this, then do that," but he misses the opportunity to run around and free-form and investigate things and plunder caves and whatnot. Instead, it seems the only things you can do are just run around messing with random monsters or fetching things.