DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Never got a special crate this weekend. Pity I didn't get a T-shirt I'll never wear.

It'll suck if they dial back the random events in Freemode (and they will). I spent the whole night last night doing random events and joining the occasional races. Never even got into a public room, and it was a blast.

I did have the second-ever occurrence of someone getting into my invite-only room, though. I was chasing one of those cars from Gerald that need to be destroyed, and there's a white dot beating me to it. I'm like "the hell?" He got the car, then disappeared.

Joining random races is so fucked. Sometimes you don't get to see the details of the race at all. I joined one, had no idea what it was because it was user-created, and it turned out (after I no longer had the option to quit the race) to be a probably 20-mile-long race (took me 17 minutes), GTA, with traffic and wanted levels, so I spent two-thirds of the race being chased by cops. Did finally get $11,000 out of it, though. And to beat it all, I didn't even get the opportunity to give it the Big Fresh Thumbs Down after the race.

Ive been meanin to try this for awhile and today i finally remembered to do it. On the cargo bob missions i like to land and go under water. It sucks sometimes though when you hafta come back up for oxygen. But not anymore thanks to the rebreather. Dive to the ocean floor and chillax. Ive wanted to do it since i bought them dalm things but kept forgettin or spent the whole time in freemode. Today though me and robert were both on and both needin money so we hit up a bunch of missions. Made close to 400k and still needin some cash. Theres always tomorrow if i can stay out of freemode tonight.

The streets were oddly calm last night. I decided to get on and work on a few things with my secondary character. I still hadn't upgraded all my vehicles since I won enough races to do so, so I was just driving back and forth from my apartment to the mod shop. I was in a public room, as usual, because I'm not too bright. I only got shot at one time. It was the central mod shop too - really weird.

Stout and Roast got on about the same time, and we did a bunch of missions. I was only in freemode long enough to bank my cash before I hit the bed. I needed it too. I'm no longer a 2 millionaire.

Earlier, I did my objectives, and they were the worst I've had so far. Vehicle deathmatch, darts, and arm wrestling. The last one was no problem, but I'm too dumb to know how to win darts, so it took forever.

A tip for the vehicle deathmatch objective: do Desert Storm. It only requires two people, and you can make it short. I originally just started the first one I saw, and it required four. It was like trying to set up a damn heist.

• Like 2

Thank you. I need a vehicle deathmatch and I was trying to think of the name of that one (had done it before and liked it). I wound up finding a two-person jet deal at Zancudo, but couldn't get a second person just a second after the objectives came down. Maybe people hadn't looked at them yet.

Last time I did Desert Storm, me and the random I was playing it with just rushed each other and shot at each other from point-blank range. I like that feeling of stupid abandon when it's obvious both parties are just trying to get the damn thing over with.

Really weird, but fun, user-created race last night: Up and down the long bridge near Zancudo (Chickin Drifting, Ramps, Ramps, Ramps) but shipping containers were set up so that there was one lane, period. So we're all (about 10 of us, it was chaos) trying to go back and forth through one lane. We'd stack up, vault over each other, blow up and take 6 others with us, etc. Was fun, but a bit too long. I started to bookmark it, but it's only really fun if there's a bunch of people involved.

• Like 1

I realized the value of the Armored Kuruma last night.  

Burke, Stout, and I did Titan of a Job, parked inside the Kuruma and calmly drove inside the Merryweather hanger, and obliterated all like 40 guys it spawned.  I think the 3 of us took 4 bullets' damage combined. 

By the end, I was laughing at how patently unfair this thing was.   I'll be back on tonight. I'll bite the bullet and get a Kuruma of my own.  Especially after seeing it basically pay for itself last night. 

• Like 1

It is kinda crazy. I've driven into the garage in Rooftop and below the pier in Pier Pressure and completed both. Sometimes it's kinda superfluous - we could've easily finished that mission where you steal the black truck without it - there's a bunch of guys, but it's pretty basic - but it's still fun.

I first saw that work in Bad Sport, strangely enough, on one of the setups for the last heist.

• Like 1

Yep - the objectives have changed how I play overall now. If I'm just wanting to have fun, I'll do things the normal way. If I'm just trying to earn money quickly, it's Kuruma time.

They should have named the damn thing the Konami, because it's basically a cheat code.

• Like 2

So I'm bored playing Rooftop with a bunch of randoms last night, and I've got the Kuruma working in the parking garage when I hear these loud explosions.

"Did someone call in an airstrike?" I say to no one at all. Nope Turns out one of the randoms went and got his jump jet. For Rooftop Rumble. Never mind that we had the parking garage about finished. I was too far behind them to see what exactly happened, but I'm pretty sure the guy crashed the jet into the dude with the briefcase, blowing up the briefcase and ending the mission.

We replayed it, dude didn't get his jet, and we finished it.

I had to go into freemode to put a bounty on some poor sap for my daily objectives, and just got on a tremendous "why is no one else around to see this?" roll for a bit there. For about a 15-minute stretch, if you got near me, you died, somehow. I was getting SO horribly lucky. At the end of that stretch, I had four pissed-off dots breathing down my neck, so I said "this'll be funny" and left online and turned off the XBox. Quittin' while I'm ahead, screw 'em.

• Like 2

I actually had Collect A Bounty last night also.  So I had to go to like 3 or 4 rooms in order to find any people who were active and not doing their own thing.  So I finally land in a room with a bunch of people.  Fine.  I go find the biggest cluster and look for a lone gazelle.  

There's a guy sitting outside in the middle of the street by the East side mod shop.  I approach, and start calling Lester to set a bounty.  But this guy isn't moving and is literally in the middle of the street.  Something's wrong.  Before I set the bounty, I look at his rank.  402.  

Nope.   

I found two guys nearby killing each other, a 90 and a 50, set a bounty on one and chased him, but he left the room.  The 50 actually set a bounty on me, maybe in retaliation for the bounty I set on the 90.   Yeah, he did nicely.  

Set the bounty, killed him, got my bonus, and killed him 3 or 4 more times for fun. 

Ats right.

beep beep beep beep, We interrupt your program to bring you this important message.......beeeeepppp blurblurbluuuur.....beeeppppp. "DALMIT". Now back to your regular scheduled programming.

I couldnt get anybody to arm wrestle with me so i thought id just throw a dalmit out there. Thought it might make me feel better......it didnt.

• Like 1

Try getting someone to play tennis. Some of the objectives are impossible without ringers.

I've been enjoying being Captain Kuruma during missions with randoms. Very few have figured out how easy it is to just get in the car and stay in the car.

Little tip for the 360 folks...DON'T ARM WRESTLE MELRAZ. IT'S A DALM TRAP BAH GAWD THAT MAN HAD A FAMILY!!!

Seriously, it doesn't matter what game you're playing with him. If it involves flipping a thumbstick back and forth or rapid button mashing, you will lose. Trust me on this one.

I haven't (to the best of my memory) lost a single GTA arm wresting match with a random, but he whips my ass every time, no contest.

• Like 2

Haven't seen you in a dog's age sir.  Glad to see the choo choo didn't run you over. 

I'll probably be back on after Raw tonight.   

I had to do laundry at 6am this morning, popped on and saw "Capture-Hold" and cursed God.  Thankfully, I found a lobby with 3 other daily objective seekers and got it done.  Phew.  15 days in a row now. 

• Like 1

I managed to get both Rally Race and Kill a Revealed Player done last night.

The Kill a Revealed Player sucked. I got into a deathmatch with a Level 24, locked to pistols and pickups. I killed him, revealed his dot and killed him again. I then killed him 3 straight times to lead 5-0. I'm like "huh, huh, I'm whooping ass, this dude isn't even gonna get a kill."

Wrong! He wound up beating me 7-6. I found a submachine gun and ran out of ammo quick. He found a submachine gun and apparently unlimited ammo, 'cause he kept wearing me out with it while I'd try to shoot him with my mur mur mur pistol.

At least I got my daily objectives done.

• Like 1

BTW, random events are back with a vengeance in invite-only rooms. I just spent 2 hours doing nothing but going back and forth between Simeon cars and distracting the cops and blowing up helicopters and etc. I really love doing that stuff, for some reason, so that was cool.

• Like 1

BTW, random events are back with a vengeance in invite-only rooms. I just spent 2 hours doing nothing but going back and forth between Simeon cars and distracting the cops and blowing up helicopters and etc. I really love doing that stuff, for some reason, so that was cool.

Stout and I traded captures yesterday.  Thankfully we just jobbed to each other and to get them done as soon as possible.  

Well, it would have if he hadn't shot me out of the sky during that second one.