DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Hey, I was excited to be flying a plane well. I even landed one.

Truthfully, I didn't even know those were part of the whole daily objectives thing at first and thought you were just screwing around doing something different. After all, it wouldn't be Tuesday Night Titans without 5000 plane events just to piss me off and make Dan giggle like a schoolgirl. Then you sent me a message that clued me in on the daily objectives kayfabe.

I did some kind of wacky random race (those are my kryptonite, such as it is) after that and then hit the road. I played entirely too much of this game on my days off for no real reason other than it sure beats doing all the crap I need to do around the house.

• Like 1

The last time I jobbed for a capture, it was with Melraz. We didn't even go for the bags. We spent the whole time lining up a bicycle on the edge of the dock and kicking each other off into the water. Then Mel drank every beer he had in his inventory.

So...basically like when we hang out in real life.

• Like 3

BTW, random events are back with a vengeance in invite-only rooms. I just spent 2 hours doing nothing but going back and forth between Simeon cars and distracting the cops and blowing up helicopters and etc. I really love doing that stuff, for some reason, so that was cool.

I should note, I got a Distract Cops request last night.  First time I had a helicopter too, so I just pop on by, and yeah, it works too.  So next time, hopefully I'll have an attack chopper, blow up about 10 helicopters, and collect my $10,000.

Okay - with Stout having the One now too just tell me when you make the GTA V switch and I will be back

Who here has GTA 5 for the One? I'm not real excited about the prospects of it, but if there's some online fun to be had, I'd consider it. I can't begin to describe to you how burned out I am on playing GTA Online by myself, but between my real crew and my racing crew, I'd consider it as a cute purchase while hoping they put out some single-player DLC for it.

If I recall correctly the only people who dont have a One are JT and Melraz

Some folks already have copies for both (don't make me rego through the thread to find out who though)

I know I really dont want to do the story on my 360 anymore so I will gladly rebuy the game for the One

I was wantin to play all weekend (i was suppose to be off today and tomorrow) but the good ol' r.r. ran an engine right up the tunnel called nates ass. Be 7 inna row tonight and 8 tomorrow its lookin like.

Holy shit all of my front office has quit. I didnt even get a 2 week notice. Im gonna hafta do some reruitin to find some new personnel. I might get the 1 next year or maybe this winter at earliest. God speed my friends, god speed.

• Like 1

Yes, dalmit is part of official crew lexicon, along with "mur mur mur pistol," "cancel (item or person what done got snuffed)" and "delta victor gamma tango bravo foxtrot charlie bravo delta," along with being in hot pursuit.

Dalmit, what did I do? I've had way too much fun playing this game as a member of the mayor's staff.

BA-DING~!

• Like 3

Haven't been on in forever but since little man has decided he no longer needs to sleep. Looks like that may finally be settling down. Ain't been on the board since one of the animals killed my laptop dead. Finally remembered I had this tablet from work. Never used it before, so this will probly end up unreadable.

I've been thinkin about getting this for the one, but haven't yet. I've had the console for six months, so I should probably get a game for it. I wanna see what free mode looks like with 32 people. Still keeping the 360. Gotta help the mayor keep shit in line.

• Like 2

I suspect the reason we sometimes run into terrible rooms on the 360 is because all the decent players left for the One. I imagine freemode for the One being 32 dudes with jump jets.

I told myself (and you guys) over and over and over again that I would not buy this game twice. I would like to play any DLC that comes out, and you know it ain't coming out for the 360.

Haven't been on in forever but since little man has decided he no longer needs to sleep. Looks like that may finally be settling down. Ain't been on the board since one of the animals killed my laptop dead. Finally remembered I had this tablet from work. Never used it before, so this will probly end up unreadable.

I've been thinkin about getting this for the one, but haven't yet. I've had the console for six months, so I should probably get a game for it. I wanna see what free mode looks like with 32 people. Still keeping the 360. Gotta help the mayor keep shit in line.

Batman was the first game I've bought for it. The others either came with it or I borrowed them, so I know how you feel. I don't know if it's age or what, but I bought it, hooked it up and was like "Well.....alrighty then..."

If y'all want to have some real fun with it, get a Kinect. I finally broke down and got one last week. I don't see me playing many games with it, but I thought it would be good for Skype and the voice commands sounded pretty cool. Overall, it works pretty well, but it does have trouble turning on sometimes - hence why I said y'all would have fun. You get to yell XBOX ON at your TV 15 times in a row like a nutcase. My dad, who is an old school, hard-working coal miner, was in town when I hooked it up. I'm telling the TV to rewind, change channels, etc. and he looks over and says, "Boy, this might be the laziest shit I've ever seen in my life." If I threw the Kinect away right now, that still made it worth every penny. I laughed my ass off.

Speaking of, if you see me on the One and I don't switch over to the 360, I now have my DVR hooked through the One, so I'm watching TV and didn't see you sign on.

• Like 2

Went through the three-hour install, and did some goofing around. The big thing is that it's prettier, granted, but only slightly so, it seems. It's kinda like getting a photo in focus or something - everything looks crisper, the textures are better. But did it really need to be? You can see blades of grass in cracks in sidewalks, detailed American flags flying at buildings - but what does that really have to do with anything?

The whole thing made me even more amazed at how good the 360 version was, all things considering. The cars really look boss, with lots of angles and details, but it's window dressing, still. The first-person is neat if you're into that kind of thing. Driving a car in first-person is dizzying. Melee fighting with other players is damn near impossible. Couldn't even figure out how to use the sniper in first-person. But content-wise and graphics-wise, there isn't that big of a jump between the 360 and One.

And it's funny, too - I was wondering about the 32-person Freemode rooms, and I'm still wondering, 'cause the biggest one I was in had 20 people in it. I figured there'd be more people doing more crap, but one guy couldn't get four people for his last-team standing (admittedly, it was late, but still). As I figured, a bunch of people in the game are of horribly high level.

There's cute little new details, just small things, like you can set your character to walk different ways - there's a real "prissy" walk, a "gangsta" walk, a "tough guy" walk where you swing your arms out real wide. And the biggest difference I can see so far is that the days of not being able to find a car on the streets of "Los Angeles" seems to have gone - there's always a fair bit of traffic running around.

Stout, did you trade in the 360 or keep it? We actually had a few folks on last night for once when Dan wasn't drowning and RUKered wasn't getting booty calls. There was a giant wind turbine in the road right in front of Eclipse Towers. After we ran everybody else off Melraz and I must've spent an hour launching cars off that thing. Had my funniest death in a long time when Melraz's car hit my flying dump truck in mid air and took out both of us.

• Like 2

Stout, did you trade in the 360 or keep it? We actually had a few folks on last night for once when Dan wasn't drowning and RUKered wasn't getting booty calls.

If there's a terrible decision to be made, I'll make it.

I'm really sorry I missed the windmill. That sounded fun as shit. I must sign off too early because I always end up missing the hacker shenanigans.

• Like 1

No, not yet. I figured I would've by now, but maybe he just hasn't noticed yet. We've both been playing a lot of Witcher 3, but there's no online component of it that I know of. I would expect him to resurface on GTA maybe next week when the second part of Ill-Gotten Gains comes out.

I'm not far enough along into playing it (planning to play it some this evening), but the differences between GTA 5 on the 360 and One are so slight, I don't think I'd recommend making the jump when there's $60 to be spent on better, newer-to-you games. For example, if you liked Skyrim, Witcher 3 should be right up your alley.

Friend of mine has Elder Scrolls online, and it seems to lack something. I told him to stick with it, it's early, to see if things get better, but it just feels kinda "blah."