DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Jeezis, I went into Freemode for a bit tonight. There was a dude in there with a jump jet just killing anyone in the room with ease. I got on a building and tried to take him down, but the cops got pissy with me and ruined my shot. He mercifully left. Then I immediately realized how much easier the game is when you've got 3-5 crew members protecting your back.

Weird thing: showed my buddy playing GTA online, but he wasn't on the game's friends list, nor would his name show up on the phone. I couldn't join friends.

• Like 1

Got into freemode for a few minutes, and found a bounty near me. Figured he'd be all set up and ready for me, but he turned out to be engaged in a fistfight with some balla in the middle of the hood. I used a sticky to show him how the night shift say hello. Then he hopped up on a roof after his respawn and stood there having a gander at me, so I showed him how we say goodbye. I swear the dots are getting dumber.

Kind of unfair on the Rocketeers though, isn't it? Unless you've found a version that doesn't have three spare Insurgents for every driver.

Depends on the team size and how well the Rocket Surgeons work together. It takes 4 RPG hits to kill a non-upgraded insurgent (which those are), so if the rocket surgeons are on it (i.e. they've got some teamwork going) they can spot hits and all gang up on a vulnerable insurgent. When this is working well, the pendulum swings in their favor regardless of what Team Insurgency is doing.

Yes. It is indeed, a fun fucking time for all. Should've joined up with us last night, Cris. We had an EPIC match going on. 15-16 rounds, can't exactly remember. It was pretty insane though. If you thought that one previous sesh was mad, this was tenfold. Fun was had by all. Smiles were put on faces.

It is honestly, the most enjoyable thing to do online. We had a full sixteen forum the other night and it was fantastic. In a tornado tag format, DVDR and the PACS took out the 4848's in Wargames fashion. We all bladed, hardway, via rpg.

Melraz and I took your suggestions and played this last night. 3 on 3, and holy shit did we get our asses handed to us.

It really is one of the most fun things in the game right now, though.

If you can stretch out over 6-7 rounds, you can make some good coin.

Was playing for hours last night with my buddy, and I'm like "double pay for races. Gotta race. Make hay while the sun shines."

So we race long enough to earn about $150k, then he wamts to quit. He then spends the next three hours killing NPCs and running from the cops. I wanted to scream. I'm hoping he'll get it out of his system eventually, but I am full of doubts. He's like Dan on crack.

I tried to tell him that he needs to make money, the game revolves around money, but he says "I've got $350,000, I'm OK."

I told him "dude, one car costs $2.2 million. You are POOR." Though I guess he has plenty of cash if all he's gonna do is punch NPCs.

That's what I tried to tell him, that he may not need it now, but there will come a time when he does. He needs massive weaoons upgrades now - I think the homing rocket launcher is 750,000.

He was all blue 'cause he missed his chance at the fireworks launcher, and I said "First, it'll be back by Christmas, and second, buying that thing right now is the absolute stupidest thing you could do."

It just isn't the same without you crazy bastards.

I got on for a few minutes to do my daily objectives (public room as usual). There were only two people in the room, and they were way down south, so I wasn't worried. One objective was darts, so I played a game and spawned back in a room. I looked at my other objectives and then went away from the controller for a minute.

What my dumbass didn't pay attention to was the fact that I was in a different room. A full room. I get back and a dot is hauling ass toward me. Expand the mini map...actually two dots are headed toward me. Forgot to mention that I had a $7,000 bounty on my head.

I was about to jump back into darts to escape them, but decided that wasn't the DVDR spirit. I shot both guys and hopped in my new Coquette to take off to the mountains. (By the way Nate - that thing even handles well offroad. I think it's my new favorite car.)

Those two guys were chasing me all over the place - from darts to the western shore and back to Trevor's airfield. I got out of the car there and blew them up with a homing rocket and jumped in a Mallard. Unfortunately, that shit is slow as piss and they got me with a homing rocket.

It was fair and square, so I sent him a message that said "Haha good job. That was fun." He replied back, "agreed."

Seemed friendly enough, so I drove over to them just to see what would happen, and they were brass knuckle fist fighting. I joined in and we whipped each other's asses a while until one whipped out a shotgun on both of us. The other guy left, so it was me and shotgun boy. We ended up in a short sniper battle. Pretty even.

All in all, it was about as cordial as you can get in GTA.

• Like 4

I had to blow up some goof's T20 twice (at $26,000 a pop) just to remind him that sometimes when one messes with the bull, he gets the horns. I had a proximity mine on it when I got tired of fooling with him and tried to join some crap. Freemode's no fucking fun without the crew.

• Like 2

I did a pretty fun Capture-Contend (I know, go figure, right?) that's R* Verified called Gas N' Go yesterday.  You spawn at Trevor's Airfield North of the Lake, or the House o' Hillbillies that Trevor burns down at the beginning of his missions and have to go to the gas station between them and rob bags of money from an armored car, with pissed off and very armed guards. 

I lost 3-1, but it was worth mentioning, if you get a Cap-Contend, that may be the one that's not soul crushing.

Also, the guy I played wanted to give me a ride in his T20 but since I'd robbed the station after the mission, I was in a firefight with the cops.  As he was driving away, I managed to blow up the cop car, setting off a chain reaction that destroyed 3 cop cars.... And cost me $26k for blowing up his car too.  

I actually felt bad enough to apologize.  

• Like 2