DVDVR Message Board

NFL Stupidity in 2015

Dolfan in NYC

I can't wait until Smith, Manuel, Pryor and Freeman are all picked up by the Jaguars who will try and turn them into some kind of Wild Cat Disaster Squad.

Today's been a good day to be a non-fan of Washington FC.

Team President Bruce Allen says the team will not change the name even if means they don't get a new stadium.  

They'll probably dig up a bunch of old native burial grounds on accident soon just to top it off. Dan Snyder will be looking for buried treasure somewhere because he's weird. Probably in his back yard.

Edit: Oh wait, this is Washington. "On accident."

This is from the Why Your Team Sucks on the Redskins for 2015, in the comments section, and it is fabulous:

On that waiting list for season tickets: I once decided to join it, just as a lark, figuring in the 10-20 years they claim people stay on the waiting list that I might want those tickets for some reason. I had a ticket rep calling me less than two weeks later asking where I wanted seats. I passed.

Part of what makes Snyder so odious, other than his style of ownership and notions of what constitutes pride, is his age. He’s 50. At least most horrible sports owners are in their mid 200s and have the good graces to die. Snyder bought the team in his mid 30s, and has decades left in his ownership. Barring him going Full Sterling, he is going to be the last owner that a significant portion of the fan base will ever know. Fans who discovered the team as grade schoolers when he was buying the franchise are going to be grandparents before another owner comes along.

At this point, Washington needs to be contracted.  It's for the good of the nation.

The team, the city or 85% of the political system? Zing.

Brady's side he'd take 1 game off for failing to comply with the Ballgahzi investigation, but will not admit guilt.

The NFL countered with 2 for obstruction and admission of guilt.

Both sides have apparently told the other to go screw.   Back to court they go today. 

Well it doesnt help when a majority of the owners are using this opportunity to stick it to the Pats

So they are basically telling Goodell to not settle at all

Does anyone actually think that Brady said, "Hey ball dude, deflate the balls to this PSI?"  Isn't it much more likely he told the guy, "I prefer the balls a little softer."  The longer this goes on, and the more I've paid attention to the complete lack of evidence the NFL has it seems like this is a wild goose chase looking for evidence that isn't necessarily evidence.  The fact that they didn't even check to see if the balls could have been under pressure because of natural occurances in the environment kind of makes this seem like they don't care whether he actually did anything wrong.  They are only trying to prove themselves right.

• Like 1

This is from the Why Your Team Sucks on the Redskins for 2015, in the comments section, and it is fabulous:

On that waiting list for season tickets: I once decided to join it, just as a lark, figuring in the 10-20 years they claim people stay on the waiting list that I might want those tickets for some reason. I had a ticket rep calling me less than two weeks later asking where I wanted seats. I passed.

Part of what makes Snyder so odious, other than his style of ownership and notions of what constitutes pride, is his age. He’s 50. At least most horrible sports owners are in their mid 200s and have the good graces to die. Snyder bought the team in his mid 30s, and has decades left in his ownership. Barring him going Full Sterling, he is going to be the last owner that a significant portion of the fan base will ever know. Fans who discovered the team as grade schoolers when he was buying the franchise are going to be grandparents before another owner comes along.

Think that's bad?  Jed York is 35.  THIRTY-FIVE YEARS OLD.  California will have fallen into the Pacific before he passes.

49er fans are about to go full lemming.***

***Lemmings don't actually commit suicide by jumping off cliffs.  Some move when their homes become overpopulated and in crossing bodies of water, many accidently drown.  Either way, the point stands.

• Like 1

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13469142/cincinnati-bengals-cornerback-adam-jones-says-100-million-not-past

Apparently Pac Man thinks he would have $100 million by now if not for the suspensions. . . He probably should have thought about that before his various hi-jinks, shenanigans and felonies. 

To his credit, he's not been in the news for quite a while now.  I really thought he was going to end up in prison or dead based on how much trouble he was in early in his career.  That doesn't even take into consideration the fact that he is an incredible athlete who probably could have been an elite corner if his head was on straight.  $100 million is probably overestimating, but not completely out of the question.  He really could have been great if it wasn't for the fact that he may or may not have been criminally insane.

Does anyone actually think that Brady said, "Hey ball dude, deflate the balls to this PSI?" Isn't it much more likely he told the guy, "I prefer the balls a little softer." The longer this goes on, and the more I've paid attention to the complete lack of evidence the NFL has it seems like this is a wild goose chase looking for evidence that isn't necessarily evidence. The fact that they didn't even check to see if the balls could have been under pressure because of natural occurances in the environment kind of makes this seem like they don't care whether he actually did anything wrong. They are only trying to prove themselves right.

What happened is this:

There was a game - against the Jets, I believe - where the ball guys inflated the footballs too much. The balls were rock hard and Brady screamed at them about it. After that, they made sure the footballs were softer. That's the extent of it. As Brady testified, he doesn't even squeeze the footballs, so a soft ball isn't even something he wants.

The NFL continues to go down this "you need to accept the Wells Report" road with Brady. Except they know he CAN'T do that - if he does, he's admitting he committed perjury. Not gonna happen.

Today's hearing had some hilarity though:

Judge (paraphrase): So, uh, how many of the 4 games were for deflating the footballs and how many were for obstruction?

NFL: Well, err, uh...you'd have to ask Roger.

The judge was not impressed.

• Like 1