DVDVR Message Board

Кубок Mира 2018 (World Cup '18)

Death From Above

I'll take the draw. After seeing Senegal's first game, this was the matchup I was dreading. Japan being able to respond to that second goal relatively quickly gives me a lot of good vibes.

• Like 1

Poland has been tough to watch in both games now. This one they look ineffective, inaccurate, and half a step behind everything. Colombia hasn't been great either, but the setup for that goal was fucking clock work pretty.

11 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Poland has been tough to watch in both games now. This one they look ineffective, inaccurate, and half a step behind everything. Colombia hasn't been great either, but the setup for that goal was fucking clock work pretty.

I know the FIFA rankings mean jack shit pretty much, but to think that they are ranked 8th in the world...

• Like 1

Senegal/Colombia is going to be an interesting game. Colombia looks like they've got technique and can hang and bang when Senegal gets rough. Kind of leaning Colombia on that one, but who knows. Crossing my fingers that Poland doesn't show up against Japan so they can move on.

10 hours ago, cubbymark said:

And this Panama team qualified in part because of a phantom goal in the last game.

I guess I am glad the US isn't getting curb-stomped by England today.

They really qualified by not losing home games while we lost 2. Losing the 2 games at home vs Mexico and Costa Rica killed us, get a draw in either and we are in Russia right now.

Guest Edwin

Highlight of that Colombia/Poland game to me was watching Falcao score.

Also, James, Quintero and Cuadrado trio behind Falcao was pretty awesome and provided some fun counter attacking.

I am really interested to see which club takes a shot on Quintero. He absolutely tore up a youth world cup a few years ago, was supposedly the hot shit, but has spent almost his whole pro career bouncing around from one team to another without ever really lasting anywhere (including being loaned out to three different teams by Porto).

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Chaos

Nothing but chaos

They made good use of the VARs during the first two rounds of the prelims, today they did not, at all. Very long interruptions to the game flow and bad decisions all over the place.