DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL PRE-SEASON THREAD

Gonzo

*scrolls through RG3 blather* At least the Packer will hopefully have another 5-8 good seasons(averaging out if he starts to fade) out of Aaron Rodgers. It's very uncommon to have two great QB's in a nearly 25 year span for one team, so seeing the way most other teams burn through them is somewhat amusing at times until I recall I wasn't alive for the Packers in the 70s and don't remember most of the 80s.

Some teams have all the LUCK.  :)

Hence the uncommon part. I was going to include your team, but didn't feel the need. You could always have the Bears history.

Hence the uncommon part. I was going to include your team, but didn't feel the need. You could always have the Bears history.

Dude, include us.  INCLUDE US! *shakes fist* :P

Reggie Wayne is taking a physical for the Pats today, per Adam Schefter

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!  *feels the urge to get stabby*

Ugh. Great, now we have to definitely lean on the guys not named Nelson or Cobb. Cobb can't fill Nelson's role, he's not that type of WR. I guess Davante Adams will really have to step up this year.

Oh Good Lord

Early reports are that Jordy Nelson has a torn ACL

I will not shoot the messenger I will not shoot the messenger I will not shoot the messenger I will not shoot the messenger I will not shoot the messenger

I will not shoot the messenger I will not shoot the messenger I will not shoot the messenger I will not shoot the messenger I will not shoot the messenger

Is there a player who's injury in one of these meaningless POS games that would start a discussion on cutting the number back? Would Rogers or Luck do it, or the brand above it all?

Well, before this stupid ball thing happened, probably Brady. Now, I'd bet that Good Ol' Rog would drop the suspension while cackling with glee at Fuckboy Tom getting his ligaments ripped like tissue paper.

Would it mean more if they got hurt in week 1 instead of a pre-season game? I'm sure shortening the pre-season would prevent some of the injuries we do see. It would prevent a certain percentage, but they can happen at any time in any game or practice, so there's not much you can do about random ACL tears and other injuries.

Shortening the preseason isn't really the issue. I mean coaches are under no obligation to play their stars if they don't want to, if the Packers didn't want Nelson to play then he wouldn't have played. I don't think the coaches or players want to get rid of preseason or shorten it (maybe the elite but they don't count), there are a lot of legitimate position battles going on and the coaches need preseason games to help determine who will win those positions. If the NFL compelled teams to play their stars like the NBA does in their games that would be one thing but its 100% up to the coaches if Brady, Rodgers, etc. play at all. I am brain farting but I seem to recall in the past there were players that literally didn't play in preseason just in case of injuries.

The Steelers and the Vikings both report to Training Camp today, which means the offseason is over.

Now we enter the part of the NFL calendar where we spend the next seven weeks saying, "Oh, dear lord, don't let anybody important get injured."

Pouncey got injured over the weekend so too late for that.