DVDVR Message Board

HULK HOGAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

Uh lets get back to CGI Cena vs. Sgt. Slaughter in a battle for freedom.

Actually, Cena/Slaughter boot camp match is something that I wish I could see now. 

I dunno. Let's talk about Hogan's PR statement.

Via CNN:

"Eight years ago I used offensive language during a conversation," Hogan says in a statement. "It was unacceptable for me to have used that offensive language; there is no excuse for it; and I apologize for having done it."

He goes on to say that "I believe very strongly that every person in the world is important and should not be treated differently based on race, gender, orientation, religious beliefs or otherwise. I am disappointed with myself that I used language that is offensive and inconsistent with my own beliefs.

I'm now offended. Every person in the world isn't important.

In the wake of the Hulk Hogan racist comments controversy, a hot topic among fans is how Vince McMahon dropped the "n word" during a WWE pay-per-view back in 2005 in a segment with John Cena, Booker T and Sharmell.

TMZ has an article saying Hulk Hogan is "outraged" over Vince acting "so self-righteous" and condemning him for something Vince did in a premeditated way, and on TV for profit.

A WWE rep responded to TMZ and said everyone recognizes the 2005 segment with Vince "was an outlandish and satirical skit involving fictional characters, similar to that of many scripted television shows and movies.”

Honestly that segment might be #1 on my "Most Surprised They Actually Aired That" list. I mean a white guy dropping an N-bomb for comedy in 2005... To quote Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, "Here's the pulse, and here's your finger... Far from the pulse and jammed straight up your ass."

• Like 2

WWE can play it off as a silly skit that was meant to mock how out of touch the "Vince McMahon" character is. Booker T's immediate reaction was the clue to the viewer that what Vince said was not okay. The skit was well-written for communicating its message. Hogan is off base.

• Like 1

Does doubling down with the ironic racism defense ever actually work when someone gets called out on their racism? Granted, here the person calling Vince out is Certfied Racist Hulk Hogan, so it might not be the same.

Something tells me that wolfsheadonlline is going to end up being an account most people wouldn't want to be on the same side as.

I'm pretty sure in a situation like this wildly retweting anyone who defends you is only going to make things worse

• Like 1