DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

The sparking gimmick was something that the Leatherfaces had too; they push a button and the thing just shoots sparks. The fucked up thing is that one time somebody didn't screw the gas cap on Terry's saw on properly and he ended up drenched in gas; luckily the sparking malfunctioned because otherwise he would have went up like a light. I have to ask, when/where was Matsunaga gigged with a saw?

Bob Backlund in PWUSA was a heel btw. There's some interview footage on Youtube that is proto-Mr. Backlund and pretty good.

I don't think he was trying to be a heel.

"Negro Navarro was shocked that he had fans in U.S. online and that he always gets ranked high as far as technical wrestlers go"

so anyways.. how much of the Sunny crazyness is prevented if Chris Candido is still alive? at the risk of asking a bit of a touchy question. Sunny did some of that stuff before Candido died and all, of course.

"Negro Navarro was shocked that he had fans in U.S. online and that he always gets ranked high as far as technical wrestlers go"

so anyways.. how much of the Sunny crazyness is prevented if Chris Candido is still alive? at the risk of asking a bit of a touchy question. Sunny did some of that stuff before Candido died and all, of course.

Yeah but hadn't they both gotten clean when he died? 

More interesting question: where does Candido end up if he didn't die

did Candido work much ROH during his life? seems like he could just stay in New Jersey and be a veteran presence and maybe train guys?

I remember after his death, Gabe revealed that Candido was supposed to have the spot in the Embassy that eventually went to Joey Mercury and then Fast Eddie. But that didn't actually happen. I don't think he ever worked for ROH.

What about Maria Menounos? Another hot Greek woman. 

That's who was I was tallking about with the Dusty impersonation. RandomAct is just playing coy. :lol:

I knew that......... :huh:

Hmmm, your previous post led me to think otherwise.  I must have misread the joke.  My bad.

Nah, you got the joke just fine lol.  Me saying that I knew that was also part of the joke.

That condolence ham TNA gave her drove her over the edge

• Like 1

His run in TNA was pretty good up until his passing. I have no doubt he would have ended up in ECW in 06.

Although his ECW '06 run would probably have been about as eventful as Justin Credible's.  Just a guy to put over Angle and Punk in short TV matches.

"We're the NEWER Day!"

And they'll insist on calling the Original New Day by the derogatory phrase of "The Old Day"

Split them into 3 stables....Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.

Oh, come on.  "Then", "Now" and "Forever" is right there.

• Like 2

So for the tag team EC match

New Day

Kidd/Cesaro

Ascension

And then....

I mean they have other teams but have any other teams been on TV with a win recently?

Prime Time Players have had those videos mocking every team in the division. Matadores & Lucha Dragons are feuding, I guess, so they can go in based on that. That's six teams right there.

EDIT: @goc: Ascension just won on a PPV (even if it was the pre-show). I think that warrants them being in the mix. But Lucha Dragons have won more recently and caused more of a stir amongst the fans than them, so...

I would definitely put in Lucha Dragons before Ascension. Harper and Rowan just got back together so no reason not include them. I'll throw in Prime Time Players because I like Titus. After that you'd have to pick between Los Matadores, Ascension & Sandow/Axel.