DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

23 hours ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

Didn't Sean Young get cast as Catwoman, then dropped when she became difficult on a different movie?

You might be thinking of Dick Tracy.  Young got cast as Tess Trueheart, then got dropped in the movie for "not looking maternal enough" and the role went to Glenn Headley.  Young claims she was fired from the movie after she rejected Warren Beatty's sexual advances.

22 hours ago, (BP) said:

She was cast as Vicki Vale in the first film and broke her ankle getting thrown off a horse in one of the first scenes they shot with her. Kim Basinger was her replacement. 

And then she made an appearance on the Joan Rivers Show, in full Catwoman outfit and mannerisms, to lobby for the role. That didn’t quite go as she would have hoped. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

They had to digitally remove a mustache because the Mission Impossible producers wouldn't let Caville shave it off for reshoots.

Warners even said they'd pay to have the mustache CG'd in to M:I6 for the entire movie, but the M:I producers knew WB had no leverage at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

First I've seen this GIF:

khurdqegzgrfzcp0dgis.gif

"The next time you wonder if my vision is too 'drab' or my set pieces are too '9/11y' I want you to look at this dead PA and think about if you really want a piece of the fucking Zack Attack." 

• Haha 6

Poor DC fans.  God must hate you.

GeekTyrant is reporting that DC Entertainment wants to answer Marvel's Deadpool and make their own insane, over-the-top, superhero franchise.

The good news is that they're looking at making a Lobo movie and I think that a Rated R Lobo movie would be fucking awesome!

The bad news is that they're in talks with Michael Bay to direct it.

The even worse news is that he seem interested in taking on the project.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm cool with an over-the-top Lobo movie but Michael Bay shouldn't be anywhere near a superhero movie.  Crap, he shouldn't be near any movie ever again for that matter.

I'm not sure who should helm this thing.

I know that Gareth Evans is working on Deathstroke and that is an excellent call for that particular project.

At first I was wondering what retard at DCEU thought it was a good idea not to ask the King of Indonesian Violence Operas like The Raid to work on Lobo after he's done with Deathstroke, but then I figured that a proper Lobo movie will be cosmic in scale and Evans might not do well telling that sort of story or managing a gigantic budget.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I'm not sure who should helm this thing.

I know that Gareth Evans is working on Deathstroke and that is an excellent call for that particular project.

At first I was wondering what retard at DCEU thought it was a good idea not to ask the King of Indonesian Violence Operas like The Raid to work on Lobo after he's done with Deathstroke, but then I figured that a proper Lobo movie will be cosmic in scale and Evans might not do well telling that sort of story or managing a gigantic budget.

Well, for starters I'd find somebody that actually knows a thing or two about Lobo.  Bay sure as shit doesn't but if they get somebody that knows what they're directing then that'd be cool with me.

Heck, considering the Berlanti shows have been awesome on TV  I wouldn't mind seeing him have a crack at this.  Not sure how he'd fare with a rated R movie but you could do much worse than him.

I just think that if you really want to make Lobo the DC answer to Deadpool, it has to be violent, smart, and funny and I haven't seen a Michael Bay movie since The Rock that fits that criteria.

Lobo fans will also start setting dumpster fires when Bay picks New 52 Lobo as his character basis over Old School Lobo.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

I just think that if you really want to make Lobo the DC answer to Deadpool, it has to be violent, smart, and funny and I haven't seen a Michael Bay movie since The Rock that fits that criteria.

Lobo fans will also start setting dumpster fires when Bay picks New 52 Lobo as his character basis over Old School Lobo.

That reminds me of Rock being tapped to play Lobo for a good long while.