DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

I just can't get over how unprofessional this whole thing is, by the Clippers and even Jordan himself.  I guess I'm stupid because I feel like if you give someone your word you keep it, unless the parties give each other a reason not to.  Like, I wouldn't expect Dallas to go begging Tyson to come back, because that's fucking dirty and underhanded.

Dude, I think this is a blessing in disguise. Dirk's on his last legs. You don't want to have DJ as your #1 (or #2) option and highest paid player. It would be better just to suck and get a good player in the draft. Hopefully Wes has a change of heart too. Even Cuban said without DJ and Matthews, they would've tanked. Even with the latter, the tank could be on. It would just be a more expensive one than usual.

I just can't get over how unprofessional this whole thing is, by the Clippers and even Jordan himself.  I guess I'm stupid because I feel like if you give someone your word you keep it, unless the parties give each other a reason not to.  Like, I wouldn't expect Dallas to go begging Tyson to come back, because that's fucking dirty and underhanded.

You must be losing your shit right now. 

Dude, I think this is a blessing in disguise. Dirk's on his last legs. You don't want to have DJ as your #1 (or #2) option and highest paid player. It would be better just to suck and get a good player in the draft. Hopefully Wes has a change of heart too.

That's assuming that the upcoming draft even has that type of game changing player.  Also, anything that isn't 1-7 goes to Boston.

You must be losing your shit right now. 

I'm doing my best, but yeah, this fucking blows.

Daaaaamn that's cold-blooded, Dolfan.

Shhhh.  There's about to be a job opening on the DVDVR staff.  Pay's not much, but they give out coupons to Krispy Kreme and free car washes.  Dolfan is going to PO goodhelmet, and I want in!

Yeah, the situation blows hard.  You wouldn't think Jordan or the Clippers would invite that sort of bad karma into their lives, but here we are.

Daaaaamn that's cold-blooded, Dolfan.

Shhhh.  There's about to be a job opening on the DVDVR staff.  Pay's not much, but they give out coupons to Krispy Kreme and free car washes.  Dolfan is going to PO goodhelmet, and I want in!

Yeah, the situation blows hard.  You wouldn't think Jordan or the Clippers would invite that sort of bad karma into their lives, but here we are.

Clippers bad karma is pretty much the norm, no one will notice.

The NBA needs to do one of two things going forward, either get rid of this ridiculous window that you can negotiate without signing, or treat verbal commitments as law, with tampering charges to follow. Of course it won't do either. . . .

It's not just sports, it's life.  If you give someone an agreement to do business, you honor it, unless the other party does something to break their promise.  Like I said before, it's horribly unprofessional, and there is a reason it rarely happens.  He's a grown man, you make your decision, and you own it.

What's the point of the whole early July window? Why not just release players and let them negotiate deals and conclude them when the player and team are both ready? Nobody is holding a gun to either party to sign (though, it appeared that may have been the case in Miami with Wade). What's the justification for the window to the pay windah?

Also, going back on your word is to the NBA as killing a guest after providing them salt and bread in GRR Martin's world.