DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

I would give OKC the edge at C. 

Wait... Tim Duncan is going to be the Spurs center. David West, in all likelihood is going to back up Tim with Diaw backing up LMA. You really think Kanter and Collison are better than Duncan and West as a combo????

Kanter and Collison no. Kanter and Adams maybe. I'm open to the other side of the argument. Nowhere near 100% convinced either way. Since Adams and Kanter both excel on one end only. With Adams and Kanter it is difficult to project since one will be 23 and the other 22. If you completely remove teammates from the equation San Antonio has an edge. When you put the teammates back in a player with Kanter's offensive ability is a problem. Since it limits the help you can bring when Durant and Westbrook have the ball. Adams and Ibaka are a pretty formidable defensive duo. But a player with Duncan's skill level can get Adams in foul trouble. Plus Adams is the kind of guy Pop will foul a lot. West was really bad defensively last year. He'll be 35 so I'm not expecting that to return. Who knows though; stranger things have happened.

The overall internet reaction is reminding me of this though.

dw8fo1.jpg

18n59h.jpg

I would give OKC the edge at C. 

Wait... Tim Duncan is going to be the Spurs center. David West, in all likelihood is going to back up Tim with Diaw backing up LMA. You really think Kanter and Collison are better than Duncan and West as a combo????

Kanter and Collison no. Kanter and Adams maybe. I'm open to the other side of the argument. Nowhere near 100% convinced either way. Since Adams and Kanter both excel on one end only. With Adams and Kanter it is difficult to project since one will be 23 and the other 22. If you completely remove teammates from the equation San Antonio has an edge. When you put the teammates back in a player with Kanter's offensive ability is a problem. Since it limits the help you can bring when Durant and Westbrook have the ball. Adams and Ibaka are a pretty formidable defensive duo. But a player with Duncan's skill level can get Adams in foul trouble. Plus Adams is the kind of guy Pop will foul a lot. West was really bad defensively last year. He'll be 35 so I'm not expecting that to return. Who knows though; stranger things have happened.

The overall internet reaction is reminding me of this though.

dw8fo1.jpg

18n59h.jpg

The reaction is over the top but there are a few differences...

Mainly this... 

Lakers-expect-Brown-back-on-bench-Sunday

vs.

gregg-popovich-looking-sad.jpg

Brown was the coach for 5 games. Not that it changes your point. Since it was D'Antoni. They had the choice of D'Antoni or Phil Jackson and they chose D'Antoni. Their team right now is right where I expected them to be after making that decision. It shouldn't get that ugly since Leonard is young and a legit centerpiece and at 29 Aldridge is still in his prime.

Yeah I know it was D'Antoni who took over but I was looking at it from a beginning of the year approach.  

Makes sense. I am trying to decide which team I would have liked more coming into the season. I think I would go with this years Spurs. It is tough though. A productive defensive center has a appeal. I don't really think of Howard that way anymore. Last couple of years have been rough. Going into that season though would have been different. I don't hate this San Antonio team though. Just tough with Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka all entering their prime. Nothing is guaranteed there either though. New coach, injuries could repeat, this time next year who knows, maybe Durant walked. That team just screams 3 year championship run.  San Antonio, Cleveland, Golden State and OKC all look pretty loaded. That reminds me I need to post those Kevin Love numbers. I'm still not even sure I'm betting against San Antonio. If I do and am wrong I'll gladly eat crow when the time comes. Won't be the first time sure as hell won't be the last.

This is such a make or break year for OKC.  How they do this year could shape the entire league for the next 5.

In years past I've wanted this team to implode so we get Russ in LA and KD in DC, but with all the powerhouses out west I now hope they stay together. 

Reports are now that DeAndre Jordan is "torn and unsure" about his choice to go to Dallas so LAC is now applying the full court press to get him to change his mind

DeAndre Jordan having second thoughts on his decision. Clips trying to get him to stay in LA. Via Stein, Clippers getting another meeting with DAJ.

Guys changing their minds usually doesn't happen often. I know there's some who have flip-flopped on their decision, but I think it was usually before they'd report any agreement. This could get interesting.

As far as the Spurs - Lakers comparison, you gotta remember that Lakers team didn't have the depth that the Spurs have. Spurs had to let guys go who are pretty good and still have a good/great 9-man rotation. Name the 5 thru 9 guys with that Laker team after the Kobe/Dwight/Nash/Pau quartet. Also, last I checked Aldridge isn't coming in with a back problem like Dwight and he's not ancient like Nash was. Nash trade is still IMO the worst trade in Laker history.

Damn y'all for reminding me of all that mess...Gonna watch this to clear my mind...

LOL!

Brad Turner @BA_Turner 16m16 minutes ago

Source: Clippers were upset that Mavericks had a dinner and a meeting with DJ, and Clippers just had one meeting.

I would think they'd be more upset that Chandler Parsons spent almost a week with DeAndre Jordan.

Sam Amick @sam_amick 13m13 minutes ago

Clippers expect Wednesday meeting with DeAndre Jordan in Houston to happen. More to come. @ESPNSteinLine 1st on this unreal turn of events.

LOL...

Hardwood Paroxysm @HPbasketball 10m10 minutes ago

Wait what if Dj changes his mind and then RoLo changes his mind and then Kosta changes his mind and then Brandan Wright changes his mind and

Apparently Clippers are going directly to DeAndre and not his agents. They think his agents were the ones convincing him to go to the Mavs.

No shit because of he changes his mind his agent is the one that will have to deal with the long term consequences of no trust from teams.

LOL! That's true.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 3m3 minutes ago

Doc Rivers has arrived in Houston and plans to meet with DeAndre Jordan before he can sign with Dallas, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Tim MacMahon @espn_macmahon 3m3 minutes ago

Mark Cuban did not attend Mavs' press conference to introduce draft picks as planned. Wanna guess why?

I can only imagine the shades of red Cuban's face have gone thru in the last couple of hours.