DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Random Bullshit 3-9-15

MGFanJay

I saw it posted elsewhere, but someone said aside from that Heyman promo that was quite the episode of WCW Thunder last night. First off I can't believe the WWE are building up Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton way better than THE MAIN EVEN OF WRESTLEMANIA. It's like they realize "look, we know this is gonna be a shit match so we're hoping one of the others makes up for it". That's a good theory except probably for the dont call it the MITB Intercontinental Title ladder match there won't be a great standout match at Wrestlemania.

The only Wrestlemania match I am looking forward to at the moment is the battle royal and that's only because I'm hoping Curtis Axel wins the damn thing.

I also saw on Twitter or maybe my FB feed that what John Cena did last night is the reason America is hated so much in the rest of the world. Him and his whole Terminator schitck. He's got me rooting for a Russian in all of this. It's like 1986, except I'm rooting for Nikita over Magnum TA here. Rusev and Lana continue to have to much potential for when they eventually see the light and turn face. But man, if this match is just Super Cena destroying Rusev like last night it's going to kill Rusev's momentum just like they did with Bray Wyatt last year.

Speaking of which, is Bray supposed to be happy or afraid? I couldn't really tell with him and the magical gas powered fire chair last night. Taker had "The Man Comes Around" for that graphic so it looks like he's getting another Johnny Cash song this year which is nice. The Man Comes Around is an amazing song.

What can be said about Paul Heyman that hasn't been said all ready. He's doing more to save this Wrestlemania main event than the company. The idea that the WWE would try a Montreal Screwjob and Brock killing anyone involved had me laughing my ass off. I fear Roman's gonna win and Seth will cash in. It has to be going that way.

This show might have set a record for "highest percentage watched in fast forward" for me.

Of the little I did watch at regular speed, the most captivating segment was Rusev/Lana backstage, and that wasn't even in English.

• Like 1

This show might have set a record for "highest percentage watched in fast forward" for me.

Of the little I did watch at regular speed, the most captivating segment was Rusev/Lana backstage, and that wasn't even in English.

I loved how they were talking two completely different languages at each other.

Well, at least the Taker/Wyatt match will have kick ass entrances.....which I can see for only 9.99 a month, Maggle...

Sorry to ruin your one bright spot, but the sun will not have set yet and the entrances will suck.

Well goddammit...

• Like 1

Man, even if they put UT/Wyatt on 2nd to last, it will have to start around 10pm EST / 7pm PST, and yeah, the sun will JUST be setting around then. An UT entrance without the arena going black? A Wyatt entrance without the "fireflies" in the audience? Certainly takes away a bit of the mystique from both.

Man, even if they put UT/Wyatt on 2nd to last, it will have to start around 10pm EST / 7pm PST, and yeah, the sun will JUST be setting around then. An UT entrance without the arena going black? A Wyatt entrance without the "fireflies" in the audience? Certainly takes away a bit of the mystique from both.

Which, considering what Taker appears to be physically these days, is all that match really has.

I saw it posted elsewhere, but someone said aside from that Heyman promo that was quite the episode of WCW Thunder last night. First off I can't believe the WWE are building up Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton way better than THE MAIN EVEN OF WRESTLEMANIA. It's like they realize "look, we know this is gonna be a shit match so we're hoping one of the others makes up for it". That's a good theory except probably for the dont call it the MITB Intercontinental Title ladder match there won't be a great standout match at Wrestlemania.

The only Wrestlemania match I am looking forward to at the moment is the battle royal and that's only because I'm hoping Curtis Axel wins the damn thing.

I also saw on Twitter or maybe my FB feed that what John Cena did last night is the reason America is hated so much in the rest of the world. Him and his whole Terminator schitck. He's got me rooting for a Russian in all of this. It's like 1986, except I'm rooting for Nikita over Magnum TA here. Rusev and Lana continue to have to much potential for when they eventually see the light and turn face. But man, if this match is just Super Cena destroying Rusev like last night it's going to kill Rusev's momentum just like they did with Bray Wyatt last year.

Speaking of which, is Bray supposed to be happy or afraid? I couldn't really tell with him and the magical gas powered fire chair last night. Taker had "The Man Comes Around" for that graphic so it looks like he's getting another Johnny Cash song this year which is nice. The Man Comes Around is an amazing song.

What can be said about Paul Heyman that hasn't been said all ready. He's doing more to save this Wrestlemania main event than the company. The idea that the WWE would try a Montreal Screwjob and Brock killing anyone involved had me laughing my ass off. I fear Roman's gonna win and Seth will cash in. It has to be going that way.

I liked how Cena did almost exactly the same thing they did to him when The Authority threatened to break Edge's neck if he didn't reinstate them.  It wasn't the most babyface thing to do but I liked that Cena is learning from his mistakes at least.  No matter which way it goes I think Cena/Rusev will be the best match on the card...but what do they do with Rusev when he loses?

The Undertaker graphic has me hoping we get a version of BikerTaker.  I guess "The MAN comes around" just sounds like something BikerTaker would say.  He can even wear the bandana so he doesn't look so old.

Heyman's promo was masterful as always.  Seems like they are building up the main event more as "What will Brock do?" instead of "What will Roman do?", and instead of the actual match being the draw they are playing up the shooty aspects to get people interested.  Definitely seemed like a worked shoot with cutting the mic to get people more interested in Lesnar's backstage contract negotiations.  Either way Lesnar is a genius for playing the 2 companies against each other to get the most money.

"Hello Mr. Durst, this is Vince McMahon.  We were hoping you'd be willing to come to Wrestlemania and perform "Rollin' " one more time.  However, we were hoping you could perhaps change the lyrics a little bit."

"How so?"

"We would like you to replace every lyrical instance of "rollin' " with "Roman".

*CLICK*

• Like 9

I liked how Cena did almost exactly the same thing they did to him when The Authority threatened to break Edge's neck if he didn't reinstate them.  It wasn't the most babyface thing to do but I liked that Cena is learning from his mistakes at least.  No matter which way it goes I think Cena/Rusev will be the best match on the card...but what do they do with Rusev when he loses?

I figure Cena wins by DQ or countout. This leads to Cena vs. Rusev at Extreme Rules in an I Quit match. Then Rusev can claim he only lost because John Cena handcuffed him AND used the broken ropes to choke him out. Cena wins again via CO/DQ. Rusev can stop feuding with Cena and move on to slowly build to face Roman at SummerSlam for the title. If Roman's a flop as champion, you put the belt on Rusev and let him ride that sucker in to Mania against Daniel Bryan.

• Like 1

I'd wager even money that Rollins cashes in against Reigns -- and fails.

It feels like it.  It probably gives them the most options at this point.  Throw Rollins out of The Authority, factor in an unsuccessful cash-in, and Orton just kicked his ass six ways to Sunday.  He trusted The Authority and they shanked him in the back by not helping him with the Orton beatdown--like he double-crossed The Shield. Rollins has some sort of come-to-his deity of choice moment and gains perspective.

Have Reigns take Rollins' spot in The Authority as the golden child who actually won.  Set up a feud between the chosen son from wrestling's elite class vs by the tooth-and-nail former indy guy.  Put Ambrose in the middle because while he hates what Reigns is becoming, he can't get over Rollins' betrayal of The Shield.

Give me the book, people! :lol:

"Hello Mr. Durst, this is Vince McMahon.  We were hoping you'd be willing to come to Wrestlemania and perform "Rollin' " one more time.  However, we were hoping you could perhaps change the lyrics a little bit."

"How so?"

"We would like you to replace every lyrical instance of "rollin' " with "Roman".

*CLICK*

Oh, please.  Like Fred Durst has anything better to do.  ;):P

• Like 1

I'd wager even money that Rollins cashes in against Reigns -- and fails.

It feels like it.  It probably gives them the most options at this point.  Throw Rollins out of The Authority, factor in an unsuccessful cash-in, and Orton just kicked his ass six ways to Sunday.  He trusted The Authority and they shanked him in the back by not helping him with the Orton beatdown--like he double-crossed The Shield. Rollins has some sort of come-to-his deity of choice moment and gains perspective.

Have Reigns take Rollins' spot in The Authority as the golden child who actually won.  Set up a feud between the chosen son from wrestling's elite class vs by the tooth-and-nail former indy guy.  Put Ambrose in the middle because while he hates what Reigns is becoming, he can't get over Rollins' betrayal of The Shield.

Give me the book, people! :lol:

"How so?"

*CLICK*

Oh, please.  Like Fred Durst has anything better to do.  ;):P

When even as shameless a shill as Fred Durst won't take the gig, you know the push isn't working. :)

I'd probably collapse a lung from laughing so hard if they actually did change the lyrics in 'Rollin'" to 'Roman".  And, hey, it could continue their trend of throwing money at celebrities the fans don't give two shits about.  Wiz should fire his agent or whoever thought last night was a good idea.

Oh, and how simple would it have been for the Matadores to beat the Usos and then.... Here comes the pain.

I'm assuming they pay Brock by the muscle and can't actually afford to have him move around on those rare occasions he actually appears.  Hell, they apparently spent so much signing Sting, they can't have afford to have him actually do anything - even speak.

Awful show, imo.  There's not a single feud being built that interests me.  The multi-man IC title and tag title matches seem like the laziest way possible to get guys their WrestleMania checks and is a waste of several full-timers who could actually draw.  I really don't get the logic behind relegating full-timers to throwaway matches and trying to build feuds around part-timers who either can't or won't be put on TV.  Though I was amused last night that they've gone from Triple H trying to build the Sting feud by basically playing off himself to trying to build the feud with.... neither guy.  Ok.

I'd be ok if Undertaker didn't actually show up for his match.  Somehow I'd survive.

Discussion of Dave Kingman and cannibalism in the same thread? I love this place.

If cannibals eat Dave Kingman, does that make them de facto babyfaces or do they still have to work heel?

So what is going on with Heyman and the microphones? Is it something he's doing? A rib? Doesn't happen to anyone else.

They are working a shitty angle trying to sell the match as a potential shoot. Cut the mic he's going off script. That promo was Vince Russo 101.