DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 2nd Half

ChesterCopperpot

Wow Westbrook just committed one of the worst turnovers. Up 3 the ball just fell out of his hands right to Noel. Gave the Sixers a chance to tie it up and Richardson hit the 3. Game now in overtime. The good news for him is he just got his 10th assist for 4 straight triple doubles. Fun game though. Sixers up close to 20 in the 3rd. OKC makes a big comeback. Sixers go on an 11-2 run to tie the game. Had a shot to win it at the end in regulation but the ball ended up in Noel's hands. Improving a lot on offense but touch around the basket needs a lot of work still. One step at a time.

I fully expect to wake up one day and find out that either Hassan Whiteside isn't real or he went back to his home planet.

He's like if you're doing a season on 2K, and you decide "let me just create a kickass center and put him on my team".

• Like 1

Great night of hoops.

Memphis/Rockets was a war, just as you'd think a possible playoff matchup would be. The Grizzlies stole the game after Randolph got away with a foul ripping Harden of the ball followed by Gasol with a shot almost at the buzzer. Rockets fans are whiners. I mean, yeah, it was a foul. But it's James Harden we're talking about here. The dude gets more calls than anyone and it's not even really debatable. Great game, though, from two really good teams.

Sixers/OKC was absolutely bonkers. Canaan had the game of his life. I really think he'll be a good starting point guard/sixth man for someone. He really knows how to play basketball. Nerlens is becoming a man before our eyes. Wiggins is the best rookie. I think Nerlens is in second. He's a really good defensive player already and is slowly figuring out how to score. The Sixers would have stolen the game if he was a little more poised at the end of regulation.

What can you say about Westbrook? He's the best player in the world as of March 4, 2015. F people who said he held KD back. It might be the other way around.

JaVale McGee gonna sign with the Celtics.

Watched Heat-Lakers game. Lin has been playing great post All-Star break. Clarkson's been good since Byron started playing him. Might climb into the All-Rookie team convo since there's so many top rookies hurt or not enough doing much. That Sacre-Boozer frontline is awful. Its the polar opposite of the Hill-Davis backup duo.

I had to look up Whiteside's stats and was surprised his surge wasn't at the start of the season but started later in the season.

So on the same night, we had a 49/14/10, a 39/12/8 and an 18/25/4.

Good fucking lord.

Daily fantasy was madness last night.  I somehow cashed without Westbrook or Davis. but there were a ton of other guys with career nights as well.

League Pass is the only thing getting through this winter.

I also love that there are a bunch of really good teams without guys who can put up those insane stat lines on the regular, with Memphis and Atlanta the best of the lot.

Serious question: has there every been this many really fucking good role players before?

No but that has a lot to do with how role players have changed since the introduction of the 3 point line. Shooting and athleticism have far more value now. Free throw attempts have dropped as well. So there are less unskilled bigs running around with the sole purpose of fouling and knocking people around. It has really balanced the game so that talent is more important than just raw size. 2 way dominant bigs are still a free trip to the playoffs but they aren't a free trip to the finals.

Serious question: has there every been this many really fucking good role players before?

Yes!

Next serious question, please...

EDIT: Seriously though, you are correct that there seems to be a lot more than in the past. Usually we'd be bringing up the 1 or 2 role players who had big moments. Now there's quite a few in the league.