DVDVR Message Board

NHL - February 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Oh, God, yes! Beating the Rangers is the sweetest feeling. If there were one team I could pick the Canucks to beat in the finals in this magical scenario that will never happen, it would certainly be the Rangers.

Who's involved? I know it (allegedly) happened with the Flyers a long time ago between Lindros and Brind'Amour and then with Toronto with Mogilny and Corson, I think there was also a rumor involving Hasek's wife and Ted Nolan. This kinda shit is always so interesting to me, I'm both shocked that it happens as much as it does and shocked it doesn't happen a lot more.

Great story. Or it could be the fact the team sucks balls. But hey Lupul sleeping with Mrs Phaneuf makes a better headline I guess.

In a city where there are 1 million reporters looking to expose anything re: the Leafs so people pay attention to their articles you'd think at least one bottom of the barrel "reporter" would have reported this if there was any evidence at all. I mean, Steve Simmons is RIGHT THERE.

• Like 1

There are a billion stories that are so easy to spread because everyone loves Leafs gossip. If there was any validity to this one as I mentioned above the hyenas like Simmons or Feschuk would have been all over it by now.

It's like the Savage/Stephanie story. Is it true? Maybe. Or it could just be that Vince had a personal vendetta against Savage or vice versa. But the sexy story is always the one people will want to spread.

Again, this team is shit. They didn't implode because anyone is sleeping with anyone else's wife. They imploded because they're shit.

• Like 1

That's a pretty bizarre let-go on Sportsnet's part. The video montages are one of the only things they have on the current HNIC that draw near-universal praise. But Rogers on all fronts being tone-deaf to what their own customers/fans are enjoying seems to be par for the course.

I fully expect a second season of POINT/COUNTERPOINT: KYPREOS YELLS sponsored by Wiser's next year. And maybe a new segment talking about how Big Buff wouldn't have hit Luke Gazdic if only the Oilers had a guy like Luke Gazdic to prevent that sort of thing. Anything but airing actual hockey highlights for more than 2 minutes per intermission.

• Like 3

Tonight is just about the only time in my life I am hoping for a Rags victory. Come on Sabres, get back to playing like shit because our future depends on it!

And here's one for you Kyprios haters: I was actually at the preseason game where he was KO'ed at MSG that ended his career. I liked the guy personally and he was one of my faves on the godawfull 92-93 Whalers (him and Big Jim McKenzie, still remember crying when they got rid of Jim the day after he flipped me a puck after a Whalers visit to MSG).

Niemi's pads tonight look fucking gross. Whenever a modern day goalie attempts the brown vintage look it always looks awful. I can't believe I'm about to advocate for distressed goalie pads but if they're going to do the brown vintage style they really need them to look like they've been beaten to shit. As it is, Niemi looks like he strapped chocolate bars to his legs.

I am only half ass watching the stadium series game at Levi's Stadium but that ice looks like it is ready to turn into a pool in some spots and the 2nd period just started.     Could never figure out how they are doing these games in the west coast even if in the winter

Montreal trades Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly

NY Islanders re-sign Nick Leddy for 7 years, $5.5M per season.

Nothing makes me happier than that Montreal deal because a couple weeks back when Elliotte Friedman suggested he could be dealt, there were pages upon pages of Habs fans going "We're not trading Sekac" or "Friedman is an idiot" and I HATE when any group of fans do either of those things (#1 Making pronouncements of what their team will or won't do (For extra annoyance, use the word 'we' as if you have a role on the team) and #2 questioning a guy who is clearly dialed-in to various teams/sources because he suggested something you don't like), so this Deadline has already delivered, in my opinion.

• Like 2

As a Panther fan, I'm sad to see Bergenheim go. It was bullshit what Gallant said about him but hopefully this means they'll be keeping Fleischmann. As I type this they're making another AHL goalie look like Patrick fucking Roy.

edit: Sigh. Kulikov was an absolute menace tonight out there, he just got back from suspension and seems to be angling for more days off. I've never seen him play as...not just physically but violently as he did tonight.