DVDVR Message Board

NHL - February 2015

Dolfan in NYC

It's so bad, I don't even know how they get better.It feels like a lot of the simple solutions would just be a case of "nah, nah, dig up, stupid!" Thoughts, DFA? Jack Eichel could be just another young stud who struggles to make much difference if that's who the Oil end up getting. We've seen all this top picks make no difference at all year after year.

I think the one thing we can agree on is sending Kevin Lowe into deep space on a one-way mission.

I haven't seen enough of Eichel to know what he is (besides the fact that he looks like Art Garfunkel). Looked okay at the world juniors while he was there, but that's an awfully small sample.

McDavid is obviously special but I think a lot of people are missing the point that even if a team finished last by a million points they'd have a 20% or 1 in 5 chance of getting him. So there can't really be much hope there either.

We need to make better free agent signings in goal and on the blueline for one thing. Scrivens, I like him but he hasn't been good enough. I don't really believe Fasth is anything but "just a guy". Nikitin... holy crap. I don't know if he was this bad in Columbus or what, but he's been unfathomably terrible. Keith Aulie is... Keith Aulie.

Meanwhile look at what the Islanders did this offseason. Garth Snow not so funny anymore. That's probably the underrated area that having a guy like Tavares or Crosby or Kane or, maybe, McDavid comes in handy is that other free agents go "well, they have that guy, how bad can it be". RNH and Hall are good players, but haven't yet shown they are that kind of player.

Nikitin was pretty good in Columbus and he wasn't playing with a very good partner in David Savard, so I think it's more Edmonton bringing out the worst in him.

Snow was a goalie away from putting together a good team 3 years ago. He got a goalie and now they're really good. His young'uns also have had more time to grow, which of course helps.

Yes. I think Halak would be the difference maker. Gimme dat series puhleeeez! Other series I'd like to see: Anaheim/LA in the first round, Chicago/STL in a rematch of their brutal 6 gamer last year, and a SJ/Vancouver shitfest.

I hope they play Pittsburgh again in the playoffs to be honest. The last series was a riot, even (because of?) with the awful goaltending at both ends.

I want them to play the Rangers first because those games are just about the craziest games imaginable, particularly at Nassau. It's as close as you'll get in this country to an Old Firm match if the fans weren't segregated.
  • Like 1

The Panthers could've just as easily missed the playoffs with Markstrom and not pissed away any chance of a future for a now that doesn't even remotely exist with Luongo. Missing with Markstrom might've been better since they'd probably finish with a worse record and there wouldn't have been this pathetic tease of being a playoff team.

Byfuglien pinches in overtime, fucks up, and the Jets lose in overtime. Make him play forward again Friday night, toss Bogosian in the press box and bring out another one of the "backup" defensemen.

Not another night of the shit abyss!!!!!

Edited by Dewar
  • Like 1

As a token of their appreciation for their STH the Devils raised the price of tickets for next season (goes up from $23 to $25 for me). I can understand why they had to do so, what with the dynamic and entertaining product they are putting on the ice. Seriously this is something you would expect from the Dolans or Wilponzis.

As a token of their appreciation for their STH the Devils raised the price of tickets for next season (goes up from $23 to $25 for me). I can understand why they had to do so, what with the dynamic and entertaining product they are putting on the ice. Seriously this is something you would expect from the Dolans or Wilponzis.

I'm sure the Leafs will bow their heads in shame and apologize for this season and then come back with a 15% increase since they need to make up the money they lost when the Canadian dollar went down in value

• Like 1