DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

Spoiler

I was hoping that the thing they built to hunt the kids was going to be a Predator X, but that's only a minor quibble.

LOVED Daphne Keen, it's a shame the timeline is how it is, I'd love for them to run with her for a few films.

• Like 2

Deadpool is the GotG of the MU: A totally formula deal that uses surface level weirdness and absurdity to get additional love. Also the plot is a mess and I will never not be mad because the deleted scenes show there was a better movie on the cutting room floor.

X2 I need a rewatch. I don't remember being blown away by it the way some are but it's also been like...5-10 years since my last viewing.

But yeah. I'm comfortable saying I'd take Logan over either.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

BIG Logan spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Logan and Professor X dying, you care having seen the characters from the start to the shape they're in here. 

That shot of Laura turning Logan's cross where he's laid to rest is amazing. Like to know who came up with that.

The use of the comic book as a nod to the fans.

X-24 threw me for a few minutes as I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. On reflection I did as Lofan has fought himself before...well not a clone here.

The Westchester incident Xavier brings up before he's killed. With events in the film you can think Charles killed his X-Men or the Reavers. I imagine the former which is sad because of the bond with his students.

X-23 picked English up quickly and how she got the vehicle to take Wolvie to the doctors ; )

More:

I liked beared Logan and for the final act we get the trademark sideburns thanks to the mutant kids while Logan's asleep.

Fawlty Towers reference!!!

Okay so X-Men Apocalypse is on the rotation on HBO and I finally sat down and watched it.

There's nothing really wrong with the first ninety minutes, but the second half dragged on so much and the Phoenix Force deus ex machina ending with no build (UNLEASH YOUR POWAH~!!!) really left a bad taste in my mouth.

The movie jumps the shark internally when Stryker conveniently shows up to abduct people right after Havok accidentally destroys the mansion with the best blind aimed plasma bolt that destroys the worst positioned power generator in the history of movies..

The joke of "Did Trade Federation engineers design the Professor's house?" wrote itself.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2017 at 3:51 PM, steve said:
  Hide contents

I was hoping that the thing they built to hunt the kids was going to be a Predator X, but that's only a minor quibble.

LOVED Daphne Keen, it's a shame the timeline is how it is, I'd love for them to run with her for a few films.

If the next movie takes place in the 90s, she'll be 24 and played by one of the girls from the new Power Rangers.

I thought Logan was brilliant and I was a bit surprised because I didn't like The Wolverine much at all, but it was a very different film.

Fuck, man, LEGION.  

So much to love this episode.  The rather Kubrickian goings-on in the White Room, that eerie sequence where the team pieces together the aftermath of David's attack, the climax turning into a silent film, Aubrey Plaza as Shadow King continuing to be everything...

• Like 1

Zazie Beetz who plays Vanessa on FX's hit show, Atlanta, will be Domino in Deadpool 2.  Yes, the white face on a black actress thing is ablaze on the internets.

Legion continues to be awesome and completely fucking bonkers.

I'm off to see Logan tonight, finally.  I'll try to post my thoughts tomorrow.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Zazie Beetz who plays Vanessa on FX's hit show, Atlanta, will be Domino in Deadpool 2.  Yes, the white face on a black actress thing is ablaze on the internets.

I've never seen anything with her. Would she fit the character well?