DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK FOURTEEN

Dewar

Congrats as I said beating a team 3 times in one year is very hard.

Contrary to popular belief, teams that have beaten one opponent twice in the regular season actually tend to beat them again if there is a third match-up in the postseason.  I haven't seen the exact winning percentage in a few years, but I recall it being well over 60% of the time.

Seattle cheating on every damn play on offense AND defense and the refs are just looking around at their shoes.

It's a move borrowed from hockey - 70s Bruins, 90s/00s Devils, modern Ducks - commit so many penalties and cheat so much that the refs become afraid to call them all. In the case of Seattle, what ends up happening is that they get into the heads of their opponents and they end up complaining even on plays that are clean.

I'm actually wondering if/when JJ has a pedestrian game against the Jaguars, a team he historically is not good against, how will everyone spin his performance.

And I'm done with hot-takes for the year. Though I will enjoy everyone talking about his three sacks, when one was unblocked and the other both he and Bortles slipped on the wet grass and he crawled to touch him.

This sums up the Skins perfectly:

Worst optimism: Well, the head coach appears in over his head, all three quarterbacks have now failed, the franchise running back gained six yards on eight carries, the franchise left tackle was miserable, the defensive coordinator got ripped by his former captain, the challenge process remains broken, the special teams were decrepit, the pass coverage was often non-existent, and what fans remained in the fourth quarter alternated between booing and calling for the twice-benched former starting QB to retake the field. It didn’t rain, at least.

So minus Bob Babich, Jags DC, not getting ripped...it's actually worse in Jacksonville than in Landover...I REALLY need a new sport to follow

That punter was pretty cheerful for someone that was just murdered.

Way to block Bolden into your punter, San Diego blocking guy.

Holy shit, the hit that got put on that SD dude was fucking murder.

That sincerely sucks.  Hope for a full recovery.

Unrelated and much less important:  I suppose it's too much to ask for Atlanta to pull off a miracle tonight, especially after they already did the Lions one huge favor earlier this year in London.

Unrelated and much less important:  I suppose it's too much to ask for Atlanta to pull off a miracle tonight, especially after they already did the Lions one huge favor earlier this year in London.

Nah, we don't need any of that.

Unrelated and much less important: I suppose it's too much to ask for Atlanta to pull off a miracle tonight, especially after they already did the Lions one huge favor earlier this year in London.

I just need a Julio Jones TD and then the Falcons can fuck off and die.

NO we don't. Hopefully this will be a stress free game but knowing the Packers it probably won't be since they love to stress their fans in games.