DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

The natural feud for Barrett is Ziggler because he never lost the belt. Just have Barrett run crap about ZIggler trying to be a great performer, while Barrett just wants to win.

Ziggler will get embarrassed by Wade because Wade has personality and can cut a good promo.nevermind he only got the push because Barrett went down.

That and Barrett/Sheamus matches could happen 100 shows in a row and they will always be fucking awesome.

Your contrarian personality is so cute.

Your contrarian personality is so cute.

I thought someone already explained I am that bee that wouldn't defend the hive or some shit? Idk. I don't like honey.

Besides me being annoyingly overrating-ish about Barrett, he does so many awesome things. He counters shit not with moves, but to punches to the face and kicks to the gut. His giggling schoolboy smile when he does something to get him booed. He will dropkick a jobber for the hell of it.  Plus, he wears a goddamn cape. If that doesn't make him a top 5 worker, nothing will.

Everyone talks about heatless people working in the 80's. Well, Barrett is working TODAY and would work anywhere there needs to be a guy willing to laugh at someone as they are unconscious. He'd be Bill Watts' dream come true as a worker tbh

• Like 2

I've been reading 92-93 Observers and just came across this infamous story:

The most talked about occurrence since Kevin Von Erich's latest escapade took place earlier in the show in a judo jacket match between Chris Adams and Rod Price. Adams ripped Price's surgically implanted hair weave out of his head causing an incredible amount of blood and pain and gobs of flesh came out with the hair and Price needed in excess of 100 stitches afterwards. They are turning the thing into an angle. Adams is contending it was all an accident but Price is said to be furious and they are saying the amount of effort it must have taken to rip all that hair out couldn't have been an accident.

That would be interesting to watch.

I think that in 5-10 years every professional sports player/wrestler will have gopros attached in some way.  Would be very interesting to see, especially if you could go back in time and see some of the old Attitude matches.

Actually, I am surprised someone has not coded some of Foley's crazy spots over the years so that we could see it through his eyes.

I think that in 5-10 years every professional sports player/wrestler will have gopros attached in some way. Would be very interesting to see, especially if you could go back in time and see some of the old Attitude matches.

But cops still won't.

• Like 3

I think that in 5-10 years every professional sports player/wrestler will have gopros attached in some way. Would be very interesting to see, especially if you could go back in time and see some of the old Attitude matches.

But cops still won't.

Thank god there are only a few days left in December.

• Like 6

Funny, I posted something using the Timehop gimmick on Facebook today.  A few years ago, I wondered why the WWF insisted on always adding "The Native American" to Tatanka, literally everytime they mentioned his name.  Like it wasn't readily apparent that he was a Native American.  That would be like "The black guy" Virgil.

I mentioned this on the board years ago - they should've had a stable of Tatankas - Native American Tatanka, African-American Tatanka, Indian-American Tatanka, etc.

• Like 2

Wade Barrett is awesome. He's been great since the start. He was obviously fairly raw for the main stage during The Nexus angle but he was incredible on the microphone and never less than decent in the ring. He's just improved in the ring since then. He's one of my favorite guys.

I can live without ever seeing him go up against Sheamus, though. Really good matches but they lead to nothing.

• Like 1