DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

I keep wondering if Matanza isn't a person per-se, but rather an evil spirit/demon possessing people?  I mean it makes little sense why Dario's brother happens to be a  monster since Dario seems to be a normal human.  Also it would sort of explain Pentagon's "doing it for my master" bits if he is trying to free Matanza.  

Basically I just want Pentagon to get possessed, become the big bad and eat Chavo's face.  That would be must-see tv.

I was tuning to the El Rey and it shifted the guide from last week's LU to this one.  So before hitting Enter I accidentally saw the title and got super annoyed.  I honestly tried to avoid it, but no luck.

Drago's return was tremendous in every way.  The backstage stuff, the epic return, I loved it all.  And not to compare it with NXT, but this is pretty much how they should have treated the facepaint for Balor.  I love Finn, but there's no separation between regular and demon version.  If he had some event cause him to unleash demon form then it would have made more sense.  With Drago it made sense that he'd have this added in considering what he went through.  Really fun match too.

Holy moly Katrina is a thing of beauty.  If I was a disciple I'd follow her around too.  Anyway, the disciples have a cool thing going but they gave a bit too much in the match.  Would have had them squash a team to start with.  Bengal was good and I like Mascarita.  Pimpi would be better as a non-wrestler but I didn't hate him in this either.

Next week is going to rule.  I wasn't that hyped about Puma/Mundo, but seeing the commercial I'm eagerly anticipating this match.

A lot of you guys are taking the "monster" thing too literally for Matanza.  Sometimes people call really tall people monsters.  It's our curse

That's not to say that I didn't tweet a while ago hoping Matanza was Dario's Harvey.

Puma/Mundo was one of the most fun matches I've witnessed live, like ever.  Just straight up chaos with all of us being really into counting the falls and it actually told a pretty good story.  Like one of the best parts about going to the Lucha Underground tapings is getting to see a whole bunch of dudes do shit so at first I was a little bummed that half of the taping was just going to be two dudes, but they sucked everyone in in right away and it was such a good time.

I wonder where the "Mexico" stuff with Chavo is going. It feels like a setup to bring in some outsiders. Or it's just intentionally vague because they have no plans of it being anyone specific.

Can't believe WWE let Katrina get away. Of course she's good looking but she's also got a weird charisma to her and she's getting better and better at this character.

I like to imagine that the whole country of Mexico is mad at Chavo.

Basically that's kind of how it's set up.  When he attacked Blue Demon Jr, they told him Mexico would be coming for him.

So I just assume they mean all of it

I like to imagine that the whole country of Mexico is mad at Chavo.

That would be fantastic.  Shoot vignettes with Chavo trying to smuggle himself across the border ("It's OK man, nobody tries to smuggle people *into* Mexico!") and then as soon as he is recognized random passers-by start shouting and throwing things at him, little kids in lucha masks come out of nowhere to dump milkshakes on his pancho, the cops show up, draw their guns, it's curtains for Chavito!

And then one of the cops gets a phone call, and it's Dario, and he passes the phone around to the other officers and they all grimace and throw up their hands and walk away.

• Like 1

That won't work as Dario is unable to make phone calls. As we've seen, every time he tries someone ends up flying through his office window. :(

He's got the bright red Batphone for emergencies and/or to use as something to hide his cocaine stash.

LOL

dVVy9eY.gif

There's definitely been some content edits on Unimas. The Matanza attack was slightly edited down, they've done stuff with Pimpi too.

I haven't really been checking, but I wonder if it's less censored on the midnight Sunday airing.

LOL

dVVy9eY.gif

There's definitely been some content edits on Unimas. The Matanza attack was slightly edited down, they've done stuff with Pimpi too.

I haven't really been checking, but I wonder if it's less censored on the midnight Sunday airing.

I gotta admit, if there was ever any cleavage that was too intense for TV, hers would be it.  Hell, I'm pretty sure all those vignettes with her disappearing on Dario were just representative of how her boobs scrambled his brain.

• Like 1

We put up our review over at SC

SC Lucha Underground Review

That makes two pretty bad weeks in a row. So weird to have Drago's big return be the focus of the show (also, big return after 5 weeks, guys who aren't written off the show don't show up for almost that long) and then have Blue Demon Jr., Chavo. Pimpi and Mascarita all also come back after long absences. Kind of takes some of the glow off Drago returning. 

Okay, I'm with you on that. The only other Iron Man match I can remember liking myself is Bret/Shawn and I haven't seen that since I was a kid. The important thing is 

1. Everyone should watch LU on Wednesday

2. Everyone should watch Steamboat/Rude