DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

I love that idea. Vampiro enters the ring to do an interview segment with him & Angelico flies down from the rafters. Why? Because he can. Vamp just shakes his head, says "brother..." & exits. Angelico winks at the camera.

And....... scene.

• Like 1

After watching the NXT special then Lucha Underground I would pay alot of money to see a healthy Ivelisse vs. Sasha Banks in a 15 to 20 min match.

All the more frustrating that they had Ivelisse at one time and let her go.

• Like 1

Vampiro is the greatest interviewer in the history of professional wrestling. He made Mundo seem interesting.

Pretty much. I mark out so hard for this show but Vamp just kills me every time. He'll contradict himself more times than Charles Barkley and it will somehow make sense in the end.

Also, Cisco/Hans Moleman doing the dive back out of the office was such a great visual.

I felt overall like the matches kind of lacked when held up to the show's recent incredibly lofty standard but had some really fun spots so were completely worthwhile. The angles all ruled though. As does Dario in everything he does.

I just went to the Wikipedia page for Lucha Underground to look something up and it spoiled the entire rest of the season for me.

I didn't expect to get spoiled on Wikipedia of all places. So just a head's up to not visit that page, if you don't want to get spoiled.

Wikipedia's Lucha Underground page sucks.  It's a dumb mix of shoot and kayfabe.  They list Killshot's identity as "unknown" out of respect for "lucha traditions," but it links right to Shane Strickland's page.  Nice one.  Also, they have rules for photos where, I guess, the uploader has to have the rights to the photo and has to have taken it himself.  Since nobody on Wikipedia took a pic of Mil Muertes, they use a pic of Mesias instead.  Then Mr. Cisco is listed as "unknown" despite Lil Cholo being a wrestler forever and the other two member of the crew having their names listed.  smh

How the fuck can they top THAT? I mean the Angelico dive from last week was insane (sorry, no reports for either, I might do it next week. last week was out of town) but this... man. Even if he landed on a bunch of foam in reality that looked brutal. Worse were the chairshots, Mil really did look like he wanted to kill Fenix. The second one he just slung the fucker at him and it was so intense. And Mil RUNNING UP THE STAIRS WITH FENIX?! That really gives you a grasp of his strength. Also props to the cameraman who died for our pleasure.

In other news, Marty the Moth is surprisingly stiff, Daivari needs to fuck off, Mundo is still wooden as a rail, and all of us wish we were a tenth as athletic as Puma.

And also, are they really saying Fenix is literally dead?