DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase III Discussion

RIPPA

In one of the papers today, it said James Gunn was trying to get a David Bowie cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Hopefully he gets a tune on the soundtrack instead now... lots of them would fit.

The Winter Soldier is awesome and looks distinct from most of the other Marvel films.  I mean that opening sequence is like something out of the Metal Gear Solid franchise.  The movie is paced like a Bourne film.  It was a freaking game changer.  

Guardians of the Galaxy was a Star Wars style space opera but with a lot of pop music and 1980s pop cultural references.  

I think if you look at them, the movies are different and unique enough, at least the better ones.  In the case of Iron Man 3, Shane Black talked about it being this cool techno thriller, and that's not really what happened.  What it needed was some villains like Ghost and Madame Masque to truly stand out instead of these random Extremis bozos and Guy Pearce with dragon tattoos.  

Ant-Man was just super average to me.  I think it's getting overrated by a lot of people because it didn't outright suck like a lot online media outlets were telegraphing it to be.

• Like 1

Yeah...

Yondu, I believe, maybe as a tertiary member or something, and only because Michael Rooker was fucking awesome in that role. Then again, Michael Rooker is awesome in everything.

As for the others...

Nebula? Really? I see her being more of a constant nemesis, maybe someone totally fixated on killing Rocket, but a team member? GTFO.

And Mantis? Yeah, I highly doubt that too. I've seen that Mantis is in the movie, but I'm highly speculative that it will be as a team member.

Yeah...

Yondu, I believe, maybe as a tertiary member or something, and only because Michael Rooker was fucking awesome in that role. Then again, Michael Rooker is awesome in everything.

As for the others...

Nebula? Really? I see her being more of a constant nemesis, maybe someone totally fixated on killing Rocket, but a team member? GTFO.

And Mantis? Yeah, I highly doubt that too. I've seen that Mantis is in the movie, but I'm highly speculative that it will be as a team member.

Yondu doesn't need to be a member to return. Why is it hard to fathom that character who was an actual member of the group will join in the film? She is the only one of the three who is likely.