DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase III Discussion

RIPPA

That got me pretty pumped up for Civil War. I'm still puzzled as to why they're still holding off on Thanos. Seems like the most opportune time for an attack is when your enemies are at each other's throats. Hell, at least use that time to steal some Infinity Stones.

I'm guessing it means that

Cap or Bucky dies. I would assume it's Cap since Bucky is supposed to be around for a shitload of movies, but I think it's all unrelated to Thanos.

I've seen speculation on whether

Stark or Vision make it out alive

but I don't know if it was anything credible. It'll be interesting because you would think something big needs to go down here. 

There's still the speculation about Tony's "vision" from Avengers: Age of Ultron and how that wasn't a nightmare, but some sort of future sight. If that's the case...

Most of the gang, Tony included, should make it out of Civil War alive. And if you don't remember, the speculation was that Tony's vision is possibly how Infinity War Part 1 ends. In it, I believe there's only one Captain America looking character, making people wonder if that was Steve or Bucky.

There's still the speculation about Tony's "vision" from Avengers: Age of Ultron and how that wasn't a nightmare, but some sort of future sight. If that's the case...

Most of the gang, Tony included, should make it out of Civil War alive. And if you don't remember, the speculation was that Tony's vision is possibly how Infinity War Part 1 ends. In it, I believe there's only one Captain America looking character, making people wonder if that was Steve or Bucky.

I REALLY hope it's

not Cap because I've grown to love the hell out of Chris Evans in this role.

He's my favorite by a good margin not counting anyone in GOTG.

I REALLY hope it's

Nevermind. I went back to watch the clip and the dude you mention in your spoiler is in the vision.

I can't imagine that they'd go with the same finish as the comic book version (especially since Red Skull is long gone and Sharon Carter isn't even close to being an important character in the movies).

Where is Robert Downey Jr. at in terms of his contract negotiations to do more Avengers/Iron Man movies? If he decided to quit or if Marvel just got tired of paying him, I wouldn't be shocked to see them kill off Tony to make a big impact.

I REALLY hope it's

Nevermind. I went back to watch the clip and the dude you mention in your spoiler is in the vision.

From the look of the trailer, you'd think that.

War Machine bites the dust just after becoming an Avenger, but the obvious controversial ending would be having Crossbones kill Cap in line with the actual assassination angle in the comics and then have Winter Soldier take the shield.

Since the Red Skull is atoms in the galaxy, Baron Zemo (Daniel Bruhl) and Hydra makes the call to kill Rogers and Crossbones does the deed.  I think that Civil War is a passing of the role of Cap from Chris Klein to Sebastian Stan.

More than that I honestly believe that both Cap AND The Vision get kacked before it's all over.

Infinity War can't be Infinity War if Thanos does not have access to the full power of the gauntlet and that can't happen if he doesn't rip the Soul Stone right out of the Vision's forehead.  Eventually the Vision is going to be killed and IMO Age of Ultron set that up.