DVDVR Message Board

Tell Me How You Broke The Board...

RIPPA

The only place I have found it so far was the last page of the Discussion thread

Someone broke the html on that page/thread and I am blaming BEN (since it starts with his post)

EDIT - Actually it seems it was Nick who started spoiler tags inside a quote box and then ended them outside of it. I edited the post but the damage appears to be done.

If it doesn't reset on the next page I will restart the thread

• 3 weeks later...

I am still a little fuzzy on the embedded video links.  

Do we need to use open / close HTML tags like [media][/media] or are we just pasting the video link directly into the message for conversion?

Is there any kind of "preview post" option at all?  

I'm having a lot of trouble with quote boxes.  It seems like, once you click the "quote" button, the box is permanently there to stay, nothing I try can erase it.  The prescribed "CTRL plus right click" does nothing whatsoever.  Even worse, the board seems like it permanently keeps a saved draft of any post you start, not ever letting you restart from scratch with a blank reply box.  

ipb 4 did not come with a preview post function. Why? God only knows. I did just discover a plugin that someone created that I can install to add one. I will look into that tomorrow after I make sure the board doesn't go down again tonight.

The easiest way to remove quote boxes I have found is to click on the source button - the you can just delete the code

The undo button has a good memory

I tested it out by starting a post - going elsewhere and then coming back

The undo still removed everything I did

I was reading the Mania post show thread, on page 2 (having accidentally read page 10 before that), and someone replied. It asked me if I wanted to view the reply and I said yes, so it loaded all 9 remaining pages of the thread on one page. Is that supposed to happen? I didn't notice the lack of page breaks until I got into the 30 minutes ago posts I'd read before.

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft Edge seems to hate the board and will sometimes not load the pages correctly. If a banner ad isn't able to load, it won't sometimes allow me to scroll.

Of course, that could be because I'm using Microsoft Edge and I deserve what I get.

I'm on Firefox and I have no problems now.

Almost this?

According to Softpedia, "Security researchers from SurfWatch Labs have shut down a secret plan to hack and infect hundreds or possibly thousands of forums and websites hosted on the infrastructure of Invision Power Services, makers of the IP.Board forum platform." The man behind this plan was a hacker known as AlphaLeon, maker of the Thanatos malware-as-a-service platform. AlphaLeon hacked IP.Board's customer hosting platform, and was planning to place an exploit kit that would infect the visitors to these websites with his Thanatos trojan, in order to grow his botnet. Some of the companies using IP.Board-hosted forums include Evernote, the NHL, the Warner Music Group, and Bethesda Softworks (Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Wolfenstein, Doom games).

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Here's a weird one: why would a user get a message that says you are not allowed to give reputation after liking a post?

Not sure - the only options I can think of off the top of my head would be trying to like your own post (though the option isn't even there for that) or trying to like a post from a banned user

What post did you like (or attempt to like)?

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Not sure - the only options I can think of off the top of my head would be trying to like your own post (though the option isn't even there for that) or trying to like a post from a banned user

What post did you like (or attempt to like)?

It let me like it still, but for some reason I got that message. I thought that meant I couldn't like it, but apparently it registered. Does reputation mean anything beyond that?

On 5/18/2016 at 7:03 PM, Zakk_Sabbath said:

It let me like it still, but for some reason I got that message. I thought that meant I couldn't like it, but apparently it registered. Does reputation mean anything beyond that?

I had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago. It was a post by a Mod, I think. Like yours, it went through despite the message.