DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling 8-1-13

AJ Styles vs. Austin Aries rocked until the finish. ODB vs. Kim was also good and made me look forward to the next match between them.  

Shame we never really got to see Aries & Roode vs. Bad Influence.  Tangentially, is Aries supposed to be a babyface again?

We did on impact a few months ago and a few weeks ago during the battle bowl show we got Aries/Daniels vs. Kaz/Roode.  

AJ Styles vs. Austin Aries rocked until the finish. ODB vs. Kim was also good and made me look forward to the next match between them.  

Shame we never really got to see Aries & Roode vs. Bad Influence.  Tangentially, is Aries supposed to be a babyface again?

We did on impact a few months ago and a few weeks ago during the battle bowl show we got Aries/Daniels vs. Kaz/Roode.  

There was also the three-way with Chavo & Hernandez but we never got the two-on-two PPV match.  Hence the qualifier.

Can anyone explain to me why Eric Young told ODB he couldn't be at ring side with her for her match with Gale since he had to help Park with his match BUT the Park match was like an hour before ODB vs Gale Kim?

Being a scientist and all, you have to go over the results, that takes time.  Especially when it requires you putting the results in your iPhone, putting it on a weather balloon so it gets exposed to cosmic radiation above the atmosphere and then return to Earth.

You know, if you look at the whole angle, Eric Young's a pretty shitty husband. Since the wedding, how many times have Young and ODB even been in the same building together? She goes months without hearing from him, he shows back up acting all hollywood, turns normal again, disappears again, shows back up, disappears again, shows up again but has more interest in a fat sweaty guy in a track suit than his wife. God damn. ODB deserves better than that. 

Isn't that what Super Eric is for?

Jeez, Kayfabe.....

Though now I secretly now want to see a Fantastic Four with Eric, ODB, Parks and someone to be the human torch... maybe bring in PCO do do his old Chris Cannonball gimmick when he breathed fire.

We are at the point now that movie and television have totally dominated American culture for multiple generations, so there's this implicit understanding that I think pretty much everyone has about how long is long enough for something to be happening and how long is far too long for something to be happening.  It's part of our cultural language.  So, it can be easy to forget that there is a line that, when it gets crossed, takes something understandable and make it ridiculous.

Having Ortiz stand on the ramp with his arms crossed for (and I didn't time it; I'm just eyeballing here) seven hours while ten other men run through every facial expression they can think of Knights of the Old Republic-style was one of the most outstandingly retarded wrestling moments I've ever seen.  God, what was even the point of that?

You know, if you look at the whole angle, Eric Young's a pretty shitty husband. Since the wedding, how many times have Young and ODB even been in the same building together? She goes months without hearing from him, he shows back up acting all hollywood, turns normal again, disappears again, shows back up, disappears again, shows up again but has more interest in a fat sweaty guy in a track suit than his wife. God damn. ODB deserves better than that. 

At least give that woman her bucket of chicken.  Nobody should have to wait a month for chicken  :)

now i want to see a shot of the laptop to see if i can identify the brand.

I just assumed it was an eProp.

Posted Image

Hey they misspelled 'Prop' on that sticker on the left.  Dunno why I noticed that!

They stickered over the label - which I got a chuckle at when it aired.

Posted Image

TNA 10 reunion was cheap - they reused the top 10 moments video from last year's Slammiversary as filler, and whilst it made sense to have rematches of big matches of the show, they used the video packages to build up the original version - so you see a video package building up Angle vs Joe in a Cage, for the World title and with Joe retiring if he loses, and then they have a straight, simple match. You see a video package building up Storm vs Roode in a streetfight with King Mo as ringside enforcer, and then they have a straight match. Although Hardy vs Aries without Hardy being all "I'm in a main event epic, I have to do something really stupid" was alright. 3-D half-ass the ONO matches like fuck though.