DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling 8-1-13

HEY, WE CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY THESE WRESTLERS THEIR USUAL NICKEL AND DIME RATE...

OH, TITO, TAKE ALL THE MONEYS!

Fucking TNA...1 step forward, then a stumble to the right, 3 steps backwards, and then concussed by walking into a low hanging beam.  #askdixie has to be blowing up now.

The money isn't coming out of TNA's budget.  This is a Spike/Viacom deal where they're using TNA to cross promote Bellator, who they're investing a lot of money into.  From TNA's perspective they can use these guys on Spike's dime to try and generate buzz for their wrestling product.

TNA's pretty lucky that they're forced to shill second rate MMA feds instead of Roller Derby like ECW had to.  I was wondering why TNA only spent a few days promoting this instead of building up interest over a few weeks.

The Tito deal with Spike/Bellator just came together within the last week or two.  This was rushed to get him on TV and start promoting Rampage vs. Tito.

I'm not really defending any of this, just correcting misconceptions.  It just doesn't make sense to bash TNA for this stuff when they are beholden to Spike/Viacom.  And the releases had nothing to do with this.

I will say this - I probably would have enjoyed the show more if I had been able to fast forward through the commercials.

It's been a LONG time since I have watched a live show that I wasn't flipping around during the commercials. They felt like 2484426 years long.

So I don't know if that is a TNA thing or Spike thing or whoever but yeah...

Not like it would happen, but how about Spike "franchising" one or two of the current roster members, like Sting and Hogan currently are. That way TNA could used some of that money towards paying their team better. Not like they should need to , since they are owned by Panda and by rights be able to afford it.

God Dammit, specify this is an MMA guy and not Tito Santana.

Dude. I know, right?

I was this close to downloading Impact.

Spoilers, it wasn't Tito Oritz, it was Tito Santana AND Ricky Ortiz.  They both were in WWE, so you know that means push 'em to the MOON

God Dammit, specify this is an MMA guy and not Tito Santana.

Dude. I know, right?

I was this close to downloading Impact.

Spoilers, it wasn't Tito Oritz, it was Tito Santana AND Ricky Ortiz.  They both were in WWE, so you know that means push 'em to the MOON

Excellent! I've been waiting to use my rally towel!

Spoilers for next week:

Bully Ray does a promo for Sabin-v-Ray. Brooke comes out with a contract stating if Bully loses, he cannot fight for the championship again.

BfG Series - Hardy d. Joe

BfG Series - Anderson d. Magnus by DQ. Roode chairs Anderson.

Tito does a promo. Kurt comes out saying he respects Tito. Bully comes out saying he doesn't respect either of them.

Gunner, Storm, and ODB -d- Bromance & Mickie James

BfG Series - Daniels -v- Kaz - Intentional DCO

Roode comes out and creates a new faction with Bad Influence (3tune?)

Sabin & Angle (w/ Sting) d. Team 3D

That Aries AJ match was very good until the finish And as its been said Tito as the August 1st Warning was such a let down. I was actually hoping it was Jarrett. I mean the fact that they havent brought Jarrett back is stupid the have an angle that could work Jarrett returns pissed off that Hogan and Bischoff usurped all his powerand he's back with a vengance. Have him bring Scott Steiner in with him as his muscle. Jeff and Scotty just running into matches and fucking shit up would be real fun.

On a more positive note, Joseph Park/Eric Young are the only really enjoyable characters on the show. The comedy routine is good, they make the best of whatever stupid stuff they are given. "I'm a scientist, I shot a rocket." Park is over with the crowd. I really want to rip on the August 1 some more but I know they had to promote it on short notice and because Spike wants to push Bellator. Its probably for the best it started last week since it fell flat immediately. At least it wasn't one of those long drawn out months long hype packages that built up unattainable expectations. If Spike/Viacom is paying his salary I guess it doesn't matter. It is not like the time wasted on Tito/Rampage/MEM/A&8s/Hogan would have been put to any use. I know it is months away but what can we really expect right now for Bound for Glory? I assume Bully wins the belt back in two weeks? Will Jeff Hardy continue to inexplicably pick up wins? Does TJ Perkins keep wearing a stupid costume? Will I care anymore than I do now about any of this?

HEY, WE CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY THESE WRESTLERS THEIR USUAL NICKEL AND DIME RATE...

OH, TITO, TAKE ALL THE MONEYS!

Fucking TNA...1 step forward, then a stumble to the right, 3 steps backwards, and then concussed by walking into a low hanging beam.  #askdixie has to be blowing up now.

The money isn't coming out of TNA's budget.  This is a Spike/Viacom deal where they're using TNA to cross promote Bellator, who they're investing a lot of money into.  From TNA's perspective they can use these guys on Spike's dime to try and generate buzz for their wrestling product.

TNA's pretty lucky that they're forced to shill second rate MMA feds instead of Roller Derby like ECW had to.  I was wondering why TNA only spent a few days promoting this instead of building up interest over a few weeks.

The Tito deal with Spike/Bellator just came together within the last week or two.  This was rushed to get him on TV and start promoting Rampage vs. Tito.

I'm not really defending any of this, just correcting misconceptions.  It just doesn't make sense to bash TNA for this stuff when they are beholden to Spike/Viacom.  And the releases had nothing to do with this.

TNA should insist that Spike pay for the Main Event Mafia to be flown out to the Bellator PPV and be shown in the crowd.

• Like 1