DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

My favorite David Crockett line is still "the russian nightmare has come true, tony" after nikita won the best of 7 for the US title.

Now I'm sad that David wasn't commentating during the NWO. David losing his shit when the NWO destroyed the whole WCW locker room would have been up there with some Jim Ross calls with The Corporation.

I have no issue with Ziggler, he just doesn't do himself any favors with the Twitter shenanigans.

You get full hive mind if you have a dislike for Kevin Dunn despite not knowing what he does.

Oh christ, this again.  I'm starting to think you are Kevin Dunn considering how much you white knight for the guy. 

• Like 1

Some people have very specific things that bug them.  Dre considers any criticism of Dunn to be beyond the pale annoying smart mark behavior because, I guess, we can't actually prove any of the multitude of awful Dunn stories.  For example, none of us were actually in the room when Dunn helped tank the Invasion angle by complaining to Vince that "their guys" shouldn't beat "our guys."  So we shouldn't talk about Dunn because we weren't there and don't know the truth despite many many stories from interviews and the like essentially verifying it.

I'm a cpa by trade...I deal in facts or forecasts with credible assumptions or past results.

That being said, the only facts anyone knows about Dunn is that he works for WWE and has put together some award winning TV since the 80s. Anything else is the word of disgruntled former employees with an ax to grind.

Funny thing is, I couldn't give two shits about Dunn and only know that a relative of mine was a cameraman for years there and treated well. Saw someone blasting him on this board and it seemed to be the mantra of some simpletons. It was a throwaway line, sorry.

I fully believe that Dunn hates a lot of the things we love about wrestling. I think there's more than enough patterns of evidence to show that. At the end of the day the buck always stops with Vince and his crazy quirks though and Dunn is basically an enabler of Vince at worst but then so is everyone else.

• Like 1

We should put together a comprehensive list of the WWE bogeymen along with the supposed charges against them.

What is interesting is Vince, Dunn and HHH all get tons of criticism but you don't hear much about Steph who is rumored to have lots of power in the company for years. 

Steph had a ton of criticism back in the mid 00s. I think she's become this weirdly sympathetic figure though. It's hard to explain why and I think it'd be curious to try to figure it out. It might be because we saw her grow up on some level (even though she's as old or older than a lot of us), or that she does honestly love the company in a way that some of us do. You almost can't fault her for the weird person she became. Or she's become so entertaining in her role, even if it's not always what's best for the story they're telling. Or that she was easier to frame as "ENEMY OF PAUL HEYMAN!" back when he was trying to book Smackdown and now she just manages the brand? I don't know. I do think she gets more of a pass now than she used to. 

Blaming everything on Steph was an internet past-time during the early years of the brand split, when she was officially head of creative.

Backing up the subject of Ziggler and tag teams:  There's no reason to do it in the current environment, but you know who would be an awesome tag Robert Gibson to Ziggler's Ricky Morton? 

Dean Motherfucking Ambrose.

We should put together a comprehensive list of the WWE bogeymen along with the supposed charges against them.

What is interesting is Vince, Dunn and HHH all get tons of criticism but you don't hear much about Steph who is rumored to have lots of power in the company for years. 

That's because people are too busy saying creepy things about Stephanie's boobs.

• Like 2

Ever since that Shield documentary came out on the Network a couple of months ago I really hate that Terry Taylor guy. That guy seems like an asshole.

Ever since that Shield documentary came out on the Network a couple of months ago I really hate that Terry Taylor guy. That guy seems like an asshole.

In his book, Foley said that Taylor would go up to people and say, "Who's your favorite wrestler and why am I?"

• Like 1