DVDVR Message Board

2014 NCAAF: Week 4

Dolfan in NYC

With the current climate in the NFL I would be surprised if conduct doesn't cause Winston's position to fall much farther than it would have in previous years. Who want to pay millions to a player that may not make it through the end of his first contract?

The Cleveland Browns and Johnny Manziel say hi.

Johnny never got accused of anything that was actually illegal though.  Parting with 5 billion hot co-eds?  Yep.  Signing his autograph?  Yep.  Raping a student?  Stealing crab legs?  Stealing soda from a fast food place and refusing to leave?  Shooting out a (baker's) dozen windows with a BB gun?  Nope.  JFF just lived/lives the life your normal slightly-immature-but-with-something-of-a-sense-of-the-law dude would live in his situation.

With the current climate in the NFL I would be surprised if conduct doesn't cause Winston's position to fall much farther than it would have in previous years. Who want to pay millions to a player that may not make it through the end of his first contract?

The Cleveland Browns and Johnny Manziel say hi.

Johnny never got accused of anything that was actually illegal though.  Parting with 5 billion hot co-eds?  Yep.  Signing his autograph?  Yep.  Raping a student?  Stealing crab legs?  Stealing soda from a fast food place and refusing to leave?  Shooting out a (baker's) dozen windows with a BB gun?  Nope.  JFF just lived/lives the life your normal slightly-immature-but-with-something-of-a-sense-of-the-law dude would live in his situation.

Well, there was that drunk and disorderly/fight/fake ID thing, though all that came out of it was a guilty plea for the fake ID.  Other than that he just mainly annoyed the living shit out of a lot of people.

Let's not forget the pic of the rolled up $20 in the restroom that was for...sipping soda?  And of course, Johnny Football also has a rich daddy who could get charges dropped.  Who knows what else he might have done that never got reported?

BUT...I am not equating Winston and Manziel's actions, mind you.  Everyone needs to chill on that.  What we know of Winston is far-far-far-far-far-FAR more serious than anything that came out with JFF.  But...the statement was - 

There were teams who weren't keen on spending money on Manziel given his personality (see the Pats scouting report), but the Browns bit and Jerry Jones had to be horsecollared into not biting.  If teams are willing to take fliers on Josh Gordon, Dez Bryant and JFF after their college mishaps - AND give them big money.  Maybe the messes of the NFL this season will change attitudes.  But you know there would be a team that will think Winston can be rehabbed.  I am 100% positive that team would be the Raiders.  *sigh*

• Like 1

From the way FSU Twitter/bloggers are acting, it seems like something else may be coming down the pike.

I'm heading down to Jacksonville tomorrow, so I'm pretty sure I'll see the dumpster fire in all it's glory.

Certainly seems that way.

. . .increased penalty for FSU's Jameis Winston came after school discovered he'd not been entirely truthful with them.

I think its more "Fuck, everyone's stoning the NFL right now on half-assed punishments that we better up ours before someone turns away from the Goodell Dumpster fire long enough to notice we're just as bad."

I have no idea what to expect from this Bama/Florida game. Both teams have so many question marks, I'm not sure we have any idea who they really are yet. Amari Cooper has been transcendent through the first 3 games, but obviously that hasn't been against the caliber of athlete that Florida has.

Now that Blake Sims has settled in at QB and we're into the games that actually matter, I wonder if they let him off the leash and bring in more option stuff. Saban's willingness to embrace running the QB could be the difference in this game, and maybe the rest of the season, because I'm not sold on this OL being dominant enough to run the ball against better teams without it.

Sorry to say, Florida is not winning this game. My prediction: 34-13. The defense might hold up for a while but Bama will certainly pull away.

Eddie Jackson out for Bama, gonna play a freshman in his place.

Strong rumor that starting RT is out.

Starting FS out for 1st half, although he sucks so he can stay gone.